Important: These forums are for discussions between SkyDemon users. They are not routinely monitored by SkyDemon staff so any urgent issues should be sent directly to our Customer Support.

Defining a "Standard" Cruising Speed

Author
k
Too Much Forum (238 reputation)Too Much Forum (238 reputation)Too Much Forum (238 reputation)Too Much Forum (238 reputation)Too Much Forum (238 reputation)Too Much Forum (238 reputation)Too Much Forum (238 reputation)Too Much Forum (238 reputation)Too Much Forum (238 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Hi Tim,

today it is not possible to define a "Standard Cruising Speed" (Aircraft Library -> Aircraft -> Edit Aircraft -> Cruising Speed). My POH give me the RPMs for the same height (2000ft) with speed and related fuel burn.

If I entered these dates ascending and plan after that with "my aircraft" a new fligt I have every time the need to change the "Crusing Speed" in the "Flight Details" menu. It seems SD use the first entry in the list.

It would be great to mark a speed in the list (in my case 4650 RPM) as the standard for a new flight with this aircraft and only change it in special cases.

mafeistswiss
m
Junior Member (12 reputation)Junior Member (12 reputation)Junior Member (12 reputation)Junior Member (12 reputation)Junior Member (12 reputation)Junior Member (12 reputation)Junior Member (12 reputation)Junior Member (12 reputation)Junior Member (12 reputation)
same with me: I always have to adjust the Cruise Setting. Would be nice if i can define my standard setting ( 55%/8.000 ft. for example)

Tim Dawson
Tim Dawson
SkyDemon Team (617K reputation)SkyDemon Team (617K reputation)SkyDemon Team (617K reputation)SkyDemon Team (617K reputation)SkyDemon Team (617K reputation)SkyDemon Team (617K reputation)SkyDemon Team (617K reputation)SkyDemon Team (617K reputation)SkyDemon Team (617K reputation)
The workaround for the first issue is to define the one you "normally" want to use first in the list.

The second issue is a mess. SkyDemon lets you specify multiple altitudes and details for one power setting, there is no need to lump them all into one list like this.

knaumann
k
Too Much Forum (238 reputation)Too Much Forum (238 reputation)Too Much Forum (238 reputation)Too Much Forum (238 reputation)Too Much Forum (238 reputation)Too Much Forum (238 reputation)Too Much Forum (238 reputation)Too Much Forum (238 reputation)Too Much Forum (238 reputation)
Tim Dawson - 5/10/2021 9:53:52 AM
The workaround for the first issue is to define the one you "normally" want to use first in the list.

The second issue is a mess. SkyDemon lets you specify multiple altitudes and details for one power setting, there is no need to lump them all into one list like this.

Thanks Tim, I will use the "workaround".

GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Login

Explore
Search