Important: These forums are for discussions between SkyDemon users. They are not routinely monitored by SkyDemon staff so any urgent issues should be sent directly to our Customer Support.

Windows Update KB4601554 Disables SkyDemon

Author
HardyK
Too Much Forum (269 reputation)Too Much Forum (269 reputation)Too Much Forum (269 reputation)Too Much Forum (269 reputation)Too Much Forum (269 reputation)Too Much Forum (269 reputation)Too Much Forum (269 reputation)Too Much Forum (269 reputation)Too Much Forum (269 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Just reporting my recent experience with Windows update breaking SkyDemon on PC.

I noticed recently that a bunch of apps stopped working all of a sudden on my PC, one of which was SkyDemon. Not what you want on the morning of your flight! The symptoms are the same for all affected apps: After launch they do not appear at all and just spin around consuming CPU load as you can see in this pic:

I tracked down the issue to a Windows update:
2021-02 Cumulative Update Preview for .NET Framework 3.5 and 4.8 for Windows 10, version 20H2 for x64 (KB4601554)

I uninstalled this update and SkyDemon came back. Just to double check the theory, I reinstalled the update and SkyDemon was disabled again.

Tim Dawson
Tim Dawson
SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Thanks for letting us know.
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Login

Explore
Search