Important: These forums are for discussions between SkyDemon users. They are not routinely monitored by SkyDemon staff so any urgent issues should be sent directly to our Customer Support.

Intelligent Level changes based on airspaces

Author
K
Too Much Forum (85 reputation)Too Much Forum (85 reputation)Too Much Forum (85 reputation)Too Much Forum (85 reputation)Too Much Forum (85 reputation)Too Much Forum (85 reputation)Too Much Forum (85 reputation)Too Much Forum (85 reputation)Too Much Forum (85 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Hi there,

I am based in EDDG, which is a small nternational airport in Germany. It has a Controlzone D from SFC to 2500ft and an extended airspace D from 2500ft to 2500ft. 

We can obviously fly into the Controlzone but rarely/never want to/are allowed to fly into the D above, since its purpose is to seperate VFR and (commercial) IFR traffic. 

Problem is: When flying outbound I have to set a waypoint just for the purposes of my planned altitude (climb) does not penetrate D (2500-4500ft). My crusing altitude after passing D is e.g. >2500ft. I couldnt get it to work properly with the leg properties. 

It should be fairly easy to configure the following:
Fly to Whiskey in planned 2000ft, don't climb until passed the D airspace. Then climb to crusing altitude. 

Now I have to set the (white) waypoint, which just clutters my pilotlog and causes quite of lot of planning time (changing the altitudes)

Any thoughts?

Kind regards
Patrick

Attachments
Screenshot_20210320-093708.jpg (254 views, 1.00 MB)
pilot-byom
p
Too Much Forum (1.1K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.1K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.1K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.1K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.1K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.1K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.1K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.1K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.1K reputation)
Just for clarity, are you suggesting a function like in car navigation 'avoid toll collecting streets' - i.e. 'plan and avoid controlled airspace ABCD'?

What about TMZ, MATZ, Recreational Areas, Bird Sanctuaries ... ?

I suspect in such a case Skydemon software would have to do exactly what you did, add a waypoint. I don't see the real benefit and expense justified to leave that also to the automatic thingies - even less, because the moment you set that point automatic, somebody else wants to add a custom distance to airspace for safety and account for the uncertainty in Skydemon just followed by another one demanding to have that auto-waypoint fully editable and in pink stripes.

You are the pilot and it is your accountability to keep clear of airspaces - don't seek a way out of your responsibility by possibly blaming a software!

Edited 3/20/2021 11:02:52 AM by pilot-byom
Kurt37
K
Too Much Forum (85 reputation)Too Much Forum (85 reputation)Too Much Forum (85 reputation)Too Much Forum (85 reputation)Too Much Forum (85 reputation)Too Much Forum (85 reputation)Too Much Forum (85 reputation)Too Much Forum (85 reputation)Too Much Forum (85 reputation)
pilot-byom - 3/20/2021 10:17:10 AM
Just for clarity, are you suggesting a function like in car navigation 'avoid toll collecting streets' - i.e. 'plan and avoid controlled airspace ABCD'? What about TMZ, MATZ, Recreational Areas, Bird Sanctuaries ... ?

Yes, just be precised: only vertical/altitude avoidance to keep it simple. 
I would suggest only airspace C and D, since they are the ones that mainly limit climbing after departure. TMZ etc and normal no factor for us VFR GA pilots.

GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Login

Explore
Search