SkyDemon Forums

Intelligent Level changes based on airspaces

http://forums.skydemon.aero/Topic33055.aspx

By Kurt37 - 3/20/2021 8:39:30 AM

Hi there,

I am based in EDDG, which is a small nternational airport in Germany. It has a Controlzone D from SFC to 2500ft and an extended airspace D from 2500ft to 2500ft. 

We can obviously fly into the Controlzone but rarely/never want to/are allowed to fly into the D above, since its purpose is to seperate VFR and (commercial) IFR traffic. 

Problem is: When flying outbound I have to set a waypoint just for the purposes of my planned altitude (climb) does not penetrate D (2500-4500ft). My crusing altitude after passing D is e.g. >2500ft. I couldnt get it to work properly with the leg properties. 

It should be fairly easy to configure the following:
Fly to Whiskey in planned 2000ft, don't climb until passed the D airspace. Then climb to crusing altitude. 

Now I have to set the (white) waypoint, which just clutters my pilotlog and causes quite of lot of planning time (changing the altitudes)

Any thoughts?

Kind regards
Patrick

By Kurt37 - 3/20/2021 11:40:21 AM

pilot-byom - 3/20/2021 10:17:10 AM
Just for clarity, are you suggesting a function like in car navigation 'avoid toll collecting streets' - i.e. 'plan and avoid controlled airspace ABCD'? What about TMZ, MATZ, Recreational Areas, Bird Sanctuaries ... ?

Yes, just be precised: only vertical/altitude avoidance to keep it simple. 
I would suggest only airspace C and D, since they are the ones that mainly limit climbing after departure. TMZ etc and normal no factor for us VFR GA pilots.