Important: These forums are for discussions between SkyDemon users. They are not routinely monitored by SkyDemon staff so any urgent issues should be sent directly to our Customer Support.

Showing (swiss) VAC charts on approach / transit?

Author
c
Too Much Forum (276 reputation)Too Much Forum (276 reputation)Too Much Forum (276 reputation)Too Much Forum (276 reputation)Too Much Forum (276 reputation)Too Much Forum (276 reputation)Too Much Forum (276 reputation)Too Much Forum (276 reputation)Too Much Forum (276 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Hi!

Using skydemon 3.15.0.28041 on android, I did a flight that crosses Bern TMA and landing elsewhere in Switzerland. I have the skybriefing package, so in preparation I can see the VAC charts.

I remember that I got them on arrival in the past, but not too sure. I definitely didn't get them on my last flight. I did download all of Switzerland before the flight, so when I look at the national AIP, everything has a green bar on the left.

Is there a setting that configures if I get the charts automatically? I had to do quite a few clicks to get the maps to show up ( click on Bern airport > information > VAC). The lines that skydemon draws are very good, so maybe I should just start to trust these?

Tim Dawson
Tim Dawson
SkyDemon Team (622K reputation)SkyDemon Team (622K reputation)SkyDemon Team (622K reputation)SkyDemon Team (622K reputation)SkyDemon Team (622K reputation)SkyDemon Team (622K reputation)SkyDemon Team (622K reputation)SkyDemon Team (622K reputation)SkyDemon Team (622K reputation)
Group: Forum Members
We show plates automatically as long as there's no ambiguity about which one you might want. It might be that, that's stopping a particular plate from showing for you. For example if there are two different plates for your destination, both of which are approach plates, we will not know which to show so you need to choose. Automatic showing of georeferenced plates only applies for your start and destination airfields, I think.

SkyDemon vector charts show arrival and departure routes, as well as other traffic guidance, that should match the plates.

GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Login

Explore
Search