Important: These forums are for discussions between SkyDemon users. They are not routinely monitored by SkyDemon staff so any urgent issues should be sent directly to our Customer Support.

Flyable conditions are wrong

repeat scroll 0% 0%;">
Die Sound-Funktion ist auf 200 Zeichen begrenzt
repeat scroll 0% 0%;">
repeat scroll 0% 0%;">

Author
Chris_LSZO
Too Much Forum (7.4K reputation)Too Much Forum (7.4K reputation)Too Much Forum (7.4K reputation)Too Much Forum (7.4K reputation)Too Much Forum (7.4K reputation)Too Much Forum (7.4K reputation)Too Much Forum (7.4K reputation)Too Much Forum (7.4K reputation)Too Much Forum (7.4K reputation)
Group: Forum Members
The new flyable condition layer seems not useful.
At the moment in Switzerland we have very good weather to fly, blue sky, GAFOR say the same (O) but the new layer are just red.

Chris

Edited 2/19/2021 3:34:02 PM by Chris_LSZO
pilot-byom
p
Too Much Forum (957 reputation)Too Much Forum (957 reputation)Too Much Forum (957 reputation)Too Much Forum (957 reputation)Too Much Forum (957 reputation)Too Much Forum (957 reputation)Too Much Forum (957 reputation)Too Much Forum (957 reputation)Too Much Forum (957 reputation)
It all depends on your set individual thresholds, so you may check them first.
Frans
Frans
Too Much Forum (1.1K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.1K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.1K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.1K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.1K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.1K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.1K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.1K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.1K reputation)
Well, as you can see on the webcam, the sky is completely CAVOK. It doesn't matter how you change your limits, it remains red. This is in my opinion a clear error in the source of the weather data.

Chris_LSZO
Chris_LSZO
Too Much Forum (7.4K reputation)Too Much Forum (7.4K reputation)Too Much Forum (7.4K reputation)Too Much Forum (7.4K reputation)Too Much Forum (7.4K reputation)Too Much Forum (7.4K reputation)Too Much Forum (7.4K reputation)Too Much Forum (7.4K reputation)Too Much Forum (7.4K reputation)
pilot-byom - 2/19/2021 4:37:58 PM

I could set whatever I want, blue sky, 10km visibility and IFR-conditions at the same time is impossible.

Chris

pilot-byom
p
Too Much Forum (957 reputation)Too Much Forum (957 reputation)Too Much Forum (957 reputation)Too Much Forum (957 reputation)Too Much Forum (957 reputation)Too Much Forum (957 reputation)Too Much Forum (957 reputation)Too Much Forum (957 reputation)Too Much Forum (957 reputation)
Chris_LSZO - 2/19/2021 5:15:33 PM
pilot-byom - 2/19/2021 4:37:58 PM

I could set whatever I want, blue sky, 10km visibility and IFR-conditions at the same time is impossible.

Chris

When you enable the 'Flyable' option you get your parameters shown at the very bottom of the screen together with coloring.
You also get the local forecast when touching to a point on the map. Can you do a screenshot showing theses settings too?

If there is an error in the software this way is the easiest to pinpoint any discrepancies between your settings and colors shown.
To me it looks fine and I really appreciate Skydemon took the choice to show the data source forecast time as well:

And - don't forget it is neither METAR nor anything measured shown, it is the forecast of a computer model - same worse as the current virus video game discussions ... sorrry, but could not resist to point to the political dumbhead arguments. If the forecast was simple wrong, you can't blame this software, only question it's feature value.

Edited 2/19/2021 7:42:00 PM by pilot-byom
Chris_LSZO
Chris_LSZO
My settings:

Forecast could be wrong, yes. But today the whole day there was CAVOK. If the software shows a forecast whitch is so incredible wrong, they should show better nothing. There is no value for a pilot.

Chris
repeat scroll 0% 0%;">
G
M
T
repeat scroll 0% 0%;">
repeat scroll 0% 0%;">
repeat scroll 0% 0%;">
repeat scroll 0% 0%;">
repeat scroll 0% 0%;">
repeat scroll 0% 0%;">
repeat scroll 0% 0%;">
repeat scroll 0% 0%;">
Optionen : Geschichte : Feedback : DonateSchließen
Sfera72
Sfera72
Junior Member (16 reputation)Junior Member (16 reputation)Junior Member (16 reputation)Junior Member (16 reputation)Junior Member (16 reputation)Junior Member (16 reputation)Junior Member (16 reputation)Junior Member (16 reputation)Junior Member (16 reputation)
Yes, same here. If SD shows flyable weather this inaccurate, it is not useable. If we would talk about a weather forcast for 5 days, it is ok, but not the actuall conditions.
Tim Dawson
Tim Dawson
SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)
It is a forecast, so there is no wrong or right, only accuracy under certain conditions. If you've noticed that the forecast often doesn't represent actual conditions in a particular geographical area, this is very useful information and telling us about the area will help us go back to the forecast providers and help them improve the product. Have you noticed a particular area in Switzerland that is the worst affected? It does not surprise me that a very mountainous region would be the most difficult to forecast.
Tim Dawson
Tim Dawson
SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)
Chris, if this is ongoing, would you be able to give us a location so that we can pass it along to our forecasters? Webcam locations are the best, because then they can monitor the effectiveness of the forecast in real time and adapt it. Thanks!
Tom1969
T
Too Much Forum (83 reputation)Too Much Forum (83 reputation)Too Much Forum (83 reputation)Too Much Forum (83 reputation)Too Much Forum (83 reputation)Too Much Forum (83 reputation)Too Much Forum (83 reputation)Too Much Forum (83 reputation)Too Much Forum (83 reputation)
Hello,

today i have take a look to the weather conditions in different locations. For Germany its looks very great. I think there can be a problem in the last day with the Sahara sand storm. I also started last week an the weather looked fantastic on ground but in 2500 ft you can't see far distances. I thinks this can also a point what you also can not see from the ground ! 

For me just now it works perfect ! 

GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Login

Explore
Search