Important: These forums are for discussions between SkyDemon users. They are not routinely monitored by SkyDemon staff so any urgent issues should be sent directly to our Customer Support.

Airspace Warning settings disappeared?

Author
TimT
Too Much Forum (1.4K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.4K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.4K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.4K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.4K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.4K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.4K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.4K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.4K reputation)
Group: Forum Members
A week or two ago I realised that - seemingly after a recent SD update - my Airspace Wanings settings were all reset to OFF, with the exception of Parachute Dropzones (which was defaulted to ON although I as far as I remember I had this set to OFF). This is the place in Navigation Options where you select the airspace categories you want SD to alert you of. I observed this simultaneously on two iPads (iPad mini 5 and iPad Pro 2020). AFIK, the user settings here are NOT synchronised across devices. 

I found that the other warning settings (for obstacle and terrain) were not overridden.

Not sure if others had the same experience? You may want to check this to avoid busting somebody's busy airspace just because you didn't hear "Samantha" tell you about it ...

Edited 2/7/2021 7:33:05 AM by TimT
Tim Dawson
Tim Dawson
SkyDemon Team (620K reputation)SkyDemon Team (620K reputation)SkyDemon Team (620K reputation)SkyDemon Team (620K reputation)SkyDemon Team (620K reputation)SkyDemon Team (620K reputation)SkyDemon Team (620K reputation)SkyDemon Team (620K reputation)SkyDemon Team (620K reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Most airspace warning options in SkyDemon default to ON, so there is no circumstance in which SkyDemon, through a corrupted settings file or otherwise, would reset those to OFF. Is there a chance anyone could have got hold of your device and gone through playing with the settings?
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Login

Explore
Search