Important: These forums are for discussions between SkyDemon users. They are not routinely monitored by SkyDemon staff so any urgent issues should be sent directly to our Customer Support.

Mark / trace layer on geo-referenced roll charts

Author
Night-Flyer
Too Much Forum (85 reputation)Too Much Forum (85 reputation)Too Much Forum (85 reputation)Too Much Forum (85 reputation)Too Much Forum (85 reputation)Too Much Forum (85 reputation)Too Much Forum (85 reputation)Too Much Forum (85 reputation)Too Much Forum (85 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
A possibility to mark / trace on geo-referenced roll charts with finger or Apple Pencil, would be perfect at large airports, maybe with a tranparent layer to direct mark your taxi route given by ATC ;-).
Stay healthy & looking foward to 2021 with SkyDemon, big hug to the whole Team keep up with your awsome work!

pilot-byom
p
Too Much Forum (957 reputation)Too Much Forum (957 reputation)Too Much Forum (957 reputation)Too Much Forum (957 reputation)Too Much Forum (957 reputation)Too Much Forum (957 reputation)Too Much Forum (957 reputation)Too Much Forum (957 reputation)Too Much Forum (957 reputation)
Never missed that function since Skydemon supports split screen on iPad.

This is what I do -> flight planning in Skydemon, generate the briefing pack PDF, export to notebook app, add whatever I possibly need i.e. taxi charts or VAC, launch Skydemon and notebook app in 3:1 split screen. All my scribbling is done in my flights related copy at the notebook and not in some general documents stored in Skydemon. I keep my records on flight planning and execution per flight, don't you?

Edited 12/26/2020 7:18:56 PM by pilot-byom
efrenken
efrenken
Too Much Forum (19K reputation)Too Much Forum (19K reputation)Too Much Forum (19K reputation)Too Much Forum (19K reputation)Too Much Forum (19K reputation)Too Much Forum (19K reputation)Too Much Forum (19K reputation)Too Much Forum (19K reputation)Too Much Forum (19K reputation)
I like Night-Flyer’s idea.
Eric

Night-Flyer
Night-Flyer
Too Much Forum (85 reputation)Too Much Forum (85 reputation)Too Much Forum (85 reputation)Too Much Forum (85 reputation)Too Much Forum (85 reputation)Too Much Forum (85 reputation)Too Much Forum (85 reputation)Too Much Forum (85 reputation)Too Much Forum (85 reputation)
pilot-byom - 12/26/2020 7:07:47 PM
Never missed that function since Skydemon supports split screen on iPad.

This is what I do -> flight planning in Skydemon, generate the briefing pack PDF, export to notebook app, add whatever I possibly need i.e. taxi charts or VAC, launch Skydemon and notebook app in 3:1 split screen. All my scribbling is done in my flights related copy at the notebook and not in some general documents stored in Skydemon. I keep my records on flight planning and execution per flight, don't you?

For sure i do, but i love to fly with my iPad mini 5, and i like to fokus on SkyDemon / roll charts so it's an idea let's see ;-) such kind of transparent layer is maybe also helpful for the notes option maybe with prefilled infos like QNH, runway in use, wind etc. for me it's not a must, but i like the idea ;-) take care and have always happy and healthy landings in 2021!

pilot-byom
p
Too Much Forum (957 reputation)Too Much Forum (957 reputation)Too Much Forum (957 reputation)Too Much Forum (957 reputation)Too Much Forum (957 reputation)Too Much Forum (957 reputation)Too Much Forum (957 reputation)Too Much Forum (957 reputation)Too Much Forum (957 reputation)
Night-Flyer - 12/27/2020 9:20:54 PM
For sure i do, but i love to fly with my iPad mini 5, and i like to fokus on SkyDemon / roll charts so it's an idea let's see ;-) such kind of transparent layer is maybe also helpful for the notes option maybe with prefilled infos like QNH, runway in use, wind etc. for me it's not a must, but i like the idea ;-) take care and have always happy and healthy landings in 2021!

You mean templates for scribble boards as the competition offers? Yes, they can be a helpful gadget, but I fear the programming efforts are not trivial (see i.e. even Apple being unable to implement this feature in a compatible way into macOS preview.app - and I am absolutely sure they have more computing staff than Skydemon).

Night-Flyer
Night-Flyer
pilot-byom - 12/28/2020 8:26:19 AM
Night-Flyer - 12/27/2020 9:20:54 PM

You mean templates for scribble boards as the competition offers? Yes, they can be a helpful gadget, but I fear the programming efforts are not trivial (see i.e. even Apple being unable to implement this feature in a compatible way into macOS preview.app - and I am absolutely sure they have more computing staff than Skydemon).

i simply like the idea - and a preformated layer is not so complex ;-) but anyway the best for 2021 - lets see what Tim will implement.

efrenken
efrenken
Too Much Forum (19K reputation)Too Much Forum (19K reputation)Too Much Forum (19K reputation)Too Much Forum (19K reputation)Too Much Forum (19K reputation)Too Much Forum (19K reputation)Too Much Forum (19K reputation)Too Much Forum (19K reputation)Too Much Forum (19K reputation)
Night-Flyer - 12/26/2020 5:14:06 PM
A possibility to mark / trace on geo-referenced roll charts with finger or Apple Pencil, would be perfect at large airports, maybe with a tranparent layer to direct mark your taxi route given by ATC ;-).
Stay healthy & looking foward to 2021 with SkyDemon, big hug to the whole Team keep up with your awsome work!

Night-Flyer’s suggestion would save a lot of handwriting (on paper or SD scratchpad), although I’d be fond of a scratchpad with pre-formatted forms, too.

GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Login

Explore
Search