Important: These forums are for discussions between SkyDemon users. They are not routinely monitored by SkyDemon staff so any urgent issues should be sent directly to our Customer Support.

SkyEcho Or SkyDemon Device GPS ?

Author
AerialRob
Too Much Forum (755 reputation)Too Much Forum (755 reputation)Too Much Forum (755 reputation)Too Much Forum (755 reputation)Too Much Forum (755 reputation)Too Much Forum (755 reputation)Too Much Forum (755 reputation)Too Much Forum (755 reputation)Too Much Forum (755 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
I haven’t tried this but wondering if it’s possible to use device GPS and still receive SkyEcho Traffic Source.

Suffered SkyEcho disconnect on previous flight so wishing to achieve setup that maintains SkyDemon.

Using iPhone 6 and SkyEcho with most recent updates and no SIM fitted in iPhone.
Tony N
Tony N
Too Much Forum (17K reputation)Too Much Forum (17K reputation)Too Much Forum (17K reputation)Too Much Forum (17K reputation)Too Much Forum (17K reputation)Too Much Forum (17K reputation)Too Much Forum (17K reputation)Too Much Forum (17K reputation)Too Much Forum (17K reputation)
AerialRob - 11/26/2020 10:24:08 PM
I haven’t tried this but wondering if it’s possible to use device GPS and still receive SkyEcho Traffic Source.Suffered SkyEcho disconnect on previous flight so wishing to achieve setup that maintains SkyDemon.Using iPhone 6 and SkyEcho with most recent updates and no SIM fitted in iPhone.

I don't think so as SD needs your altitude from your SE2 as referenced to 1013.2 mb.
When you say "disconnect" do you mean the WIFI connection dropped or you lost GPS lock?
I have never had the WIFI drop lock in my 4 hrs of flight testing but did see the SE2 GPS drop lock for a few seconds when turning in the circuit. I got the SD warning message but was only for about 5 seconds.

AerialRob
AerialRob
Too Much Forum (755 reputation)Too Much Forum (755 reputation)Too Much Forum (755 reputation)Too Much Forum (755 reputation)Too Much Forum (755 reputation)Too Much Forum (755 reputation)Too Much Forum (755 reputation)Too Much Forum (755 reputation)Too Much Forum (755 reputation)
Screen message was “Device Offline”with an ascending seconds counter.
After 35 seconds I checked iPhone wifi to confirm it was still connected to SkyEcho.
Then I tried stopping SkyDemon navigation and restarting “Go Flying with SkyEcho”then closing SkyDemon app and restarting and then restarting “Go Flying with SkyEcho “but each time got same message “waiting for device”.
Finally I stopped and restarted SkyEcho and devices connected immediately.
TimT
TimT
Too Much Forum (1.4K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.4K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.4K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.4K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.4K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.4K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.4K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.4K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.4K reputation)
AerialRob - 11/26/2020 10:24:08 PM
I haven’t tried this but wondering if it’s possible to use device GPS and still receive SkyEcho Traffic Source.Suffered SkyEcho disconnect on previous flight so wishing to achieve setup that maintains SkyDemon.Using iPhone 6 and SkyEcho with most recent updates and no SIM fitted in iPhone.

No, I understand that SD receives the traffic information (with GPS coordinates) and your own-ship position (with GPS coordinates and GPS altitude) from the same source (here SkyEcho).

However, your handheld device will use its inbuilt GPS receiver (or an external GPS receiver linked to it via BlueTooth) as GPS source for any other applications that need GPS coordinates.

Tony N
Tony N
Too Much Forum (17K reputation)Too Much Forum (17K reputation)Too Much Forum (17K reputation)Too Much Forum (17K reputation)Too Much Forum (17K reputation)Too Much Forum (17K reputation)Too Much Forum (17K reputation)Too Much Forum (17K reputation)Too Much Forum (17K reputation)
It has been previously reported that, occasionally, the WIFI connection between SE2 and SD drops. I am not sure what causes this and only saw it once happen to me during SE2 testing. I was at home testing SE2 (in RX only mode) and during around 20 hrs of continuous SE2 operation the WIFI connection dropped once.
Tony

GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Login

Explore
Search