Important: These forums are for discussions between SkyDemon users. They are not routinely monitored by SkyDemon staff so any urgent issues should be sent directly to our Customer Support.

FIR Boundary

Author
S
Too Much Forum (262 reputation)Too Much Forum (262 reputation)Too Much Forum (262 reputation)Too Much Forum (262 reputation)Too Much Forum (262 reputation)Too Much Forum (262 reputation)Too Much Forum (262 reputation)Too Much Forum (262 reputation)Too Much Forum (262 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
If it doesn’t already exist (ie I’ve not spotted it!) is it possible to have an auto generated waypoint in the flight plan where the leg crosses an FIR boundary?

When the world is normal I often route to the continent in all manner of different routes and find myself having to create a user waypoint at the boundary so that I can report estimates etc. Of course the problem is that I always accidentally rubber band the leg a little when trying to create a waypoint at the boundary.

Anyway, just an idea... thanks for listening.

grahamb
grahamb
Too Much Forum (4.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.3K reputation)
SamW - 10/24/2020 12:18:57 PM
If it doesn’t already exist (ie I’ve not spotted it!) is it possible to have an auto generated waypoint in the flight plan where the leg crosses an FIR boundary?

When the world is normal I often route to the continent in all manner of different routes and find myself having to create a user waypoint at the boundary so that I can report estimates etc. Of course the problem is that I always accidentally rubber band the leg a little when trying to create a waypoint at the boundary.

When in flight, just touch/press a point on the FIR boundary right next to where your track crosses it to bring up the ‘What’s Here’ pop-up. The estimate to reach it is given top right. 

SamW
S
Too Much Forum (262 reputation)Too Much Forum (262 reputation)Too Much Forum (262 reputation)Too Much Forum (262 reputation)Too Much Forum (262 reputation)Too Much Forum (262 reputation)Too Much Forum (262 reputation)Too Much Forum (262 reputation)Too Much Forum (262 reputation)
grahamb - 10/24/2020 12:31:59 PM
SamW - 10/24/2020 12:18:57 PM

When in flight, just touch/press a point on the FIR boundary right next to where your track crosses it to bring up the ‘What’s Here’ pop-up. The estimate to reach it is given top right. 

I like that - thank you.

Tim Dawson
Tim Dawson
SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)
SkyDemon does already include your ETA at FIR entrypoints in your flightplan as is often requested by authorities.
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Login

Explore
Search