Important: These forums are for discussions between SkyDemon users. They are not routinely monitored by SkyDemon staff so any urgent issues should be sent directly to our Customer Support.

Suppress traffic warnings below a certain height

Author
m
Too Much Forum (1.5K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.5K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.5K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.5K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.5K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.5K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.5K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.5K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.5K reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Sir Tim - thanks!

Would be good for a “cherry on the top” to have

1) the ability to switch this on and off (to keep naysayers happy)

2) I still find it distracting on final approach as well.
Here I think they best option would be to prompt the user via a dialog to confirm if they’re joining for approach. This could serve several purposes
A) bring up approach charts, VFR geo-ref plates etc, show joining / circuit pattern. SD does this all today but sometimes you don’t want these features at the time they appear
B) use the same dialog to then adjust the traffic audio. There’s been some really good suggestions on algorithmically how to do this. Eg if you normally warn on traffic +\- 2000ft then reduce this whilst within 3nm of AD
rv8ch
rv8ch
Too Much Forum (146 reputation)Too Much Forum (146 reputation)Too Much Forum (146 reputation)Too Much Forum (146 reputation)Too Much Forum (146 reputation)Too Much Forum (146 reputation)Too Much Forum (146 reputation)Too Much Forum (146 reputation)Too Much Forum (146 reputation)
I'm still getting the occasional traffic alert from aircraft on the ground - is this a config option that I have not set right, or perhaps the other aircraft's ADS-B/FLARM is not working right?  Thanks!
rv8ch
rv8ch
Too Much Forum (146 reputation)Too Much Forum (146 reputation)Too Much Forum (146 reputation)Too Much Forum (146 reputation)Too Much Forum (146 reputation)Too Much Forum (146 reputation)Too Much Forum (146 reputation)Too Much Forum (146 reputation)Too Much Forum (146 reputation)
rv8ch - 8/8/2022 9:55:21 AM
I'm still getting the occasional traffic alert from aircraft on the ground - is this a config option that I have not set right, or perhaps the other aircraft's ADS-B/FLARM is not working right?  Thanks!

Actually, to clarify, I don't get the alerts when I'm on the ground, but as soon as I rotate, it gives me warnings from all the aircraft on the ground behind me that are about to depart.

Adam Erchegyi
Adam Erchegyi
Too Much Forum (373 reputation)Too Much Forum (373 reputation)Too Much Forum (373 reputation)Too Much Forum (373 reputation)Too Much Forum (373 reputation)Too Much Forum (373 reputation)Too Much Forum (373 reputation)Too Much Forum (373 reputation)Too Much Forum (373 reputation)
rv8ch - 8/10/2022 7:39:21 AM
rv8ch - 8/8/2022 9:55:21 AM

Actually, to clarify, I don't get the alerts when I'm on the ground, but as soon as I rotate, it gives me warnings from all the aircraft on the ground behind me that are about to depart.

I have the same problem. I guess it depends on the used protocol as well. In the case of FLARM you have to rely on the ground speed, GDL90 has a very specific field:

Just to make sure: I still prefer to see the traffic which is on the ground, just the warnings need to be suppressed.

Tim Dawson
Tim Dawson
SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)
It probably means the other aircraft are misconfigured such that they are reporting that they're in the air.
rv8ch
rv8ch
Tim Dawson - 8/10/2022 11:30:15 AM
It probably means the other aircraft are misconfigured such that they are reporting that they're in the air.

Makes sense, since it's not all of these aircraft.  Mostly gliders, which are lined up waiting to be towed.

GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Login

Explore
Search