Important: These forums are for discussions between SkyDemon users. They are not routinely monitored by SkyDemon staff so any urgent issues should be sent directly to our Customer Support.

How to switch off heliports?

Author
e
Too Much Forum (52 reputation)Too Much Forum (52 reputation)Too Much Forum (52 reputation)Too Much Forum (52 reputation)Too Much Forum (52 reputation)Too Much Forum (52 reputation)Too Much Forum (52 reputation)Too Much Forum (52 reputation)Too Much Forum (52 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Hello,
does anybody know how I can switch off the heliports? 
Device: Samsung Galaxy S10e

Thanks,
Juergen

All heli boxes are unticked...

Mapping leads to 
Airfields and Waypoints

Airfields and Waypoints lead to this window; the button "Airfields" does not respond.

Edited 9/22/2020 3:16:55 AM by elanbaby
Tim Dawson
Tim Dawson
SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)
You can't switch off national heliports, just as you cannot switch off national airports, as it's assumed these will be generating significant traffic that you'll want to be aware of. Is this not the case in your area?
elanbaby
e
Too Much Forum (52 reputation)Too Much Forum (52 reputation)Too Much Forum (52 reputation)Too Much Forum (52 reputation)Too Much Forum (52 reputation)Too Much Forum (52 reputation)Too Much Forum (52 reputation)Too Much Forum (52 reputation)Too Much Forum (52 reputation)
Tim Dawson - 9/22/2020 9:41:58 AM
You can't switch off national heliports, just as you cannot switch off national airports, as it's assumed these will be generating significant traffic that you'll want to be aware of. Is this not the case in your area?

On my Android Tablet I can. Why not on my Samsung mobile? Increased safety regarding helicopters on smaller devices?

Edited 9/22/2020 7:08:56 PM by elanbaby
Tim Dawson
Tim Dawson
SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)
That looks like an old version you've got there. That screen has changed since then.
elanbaby
e
Tim Dawson - 9/22/2020 9:41:58 AM

Tim,
thanks for your reply. 
Pity though that pilots cannot longer choose to switch off (at least private) helicopter landing sites. Those are rarely active. Seems, they are scattered around my area and hide/distract from other landmarks.
Did pilots ask for this "safety feature" or did the boss decide?
Military ATZ for example can be unticked. Are they considered less "dangerous"? 

Tim Dawson
Tim Dawson
Private helicopter landing sites CAN be unticked.
elanbaby
e
Tim Dawson - 9/25/2020 9:08:01 AM
Private helicopter landing sites CAN be unticked.

Yes, but it makes no difference. 

I unticked "Private helicopter landing sites" but for instance "Grafschaft Haribo" still appears. Haribo is no "national helicopter site" for sure. And all the other small/private helicopter sites around, where I haven't seen any traffic for months are still on display as well. 

"Hospital heliports" can be switched off and on.

I think there's something wrong. No one else here who could throw in his/her experience?

Tim Dawson
Tim Dawson
Perhaps the ones you're talking about could be better categorised. Are you referring to German helipads?
elanbaby
e
Tim Dawson - 9/30/2020 9:21:13 AM
Perhaps the ones you're talking about could be better categorised. Are you referring to German helipads?

Hi Tim,
yes, here in Germany are uncountable more or less private helipads scattered all over the country. I don't mean heliports where I do agree with your safety argument.
Most of those helipads are very rarely used. It would be very helpful if those could be switched off, as it had been possible with the older SD version.

At present it looks like this:

Tim Dawson
Tim Dawson
Thanks. I can see that DFS are categorising many of these sites as civil heliports when there is a category they could be using for private helipads. Please could you give me a handful of examples of the worst of these? Then I can approach DFS with clear examples of what we believe to be miscategorisation.
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Login

Explore
Search