Important: These forums are for discussions between SkyDemon users. They are not routinely monitored by SkyDemon staff so any urgent issues should be sent directly to our Customer Support.

Error on charts for EDKA

Author
jfw
Too Much Forum (8.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (8.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (8.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (8.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (8.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (8.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (8.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (8.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (8.2K reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Looking for destinations I was having a deeper look at EDKA.
It seems although that the charts is not at all in line with the aerial photography.
I know this latter can be outdated, but looking at the information on the website it seems that the website description matches the aerial photography.
Maybe some local pilots can confirm but it seems to me that there is a discrepancy here.

Br,
J

pilot-byom
p
Too Much Forum (957 reputation)Too Much Forum (957 reputation)Too Much Forum (957 reputation)Too Much Forum (957 reputation)Too Much Forum (957 reputation)Too Much Forum (957 reputation)Too Much Forum (957 reputation)Too Much Forum (957 reputation)Too Much Forum (957 reputation)
jfw - 8/18/2020 2:03:56 PM
Looking for destinations I was having a deeper look at EDKA.
It seems although that the charts is not at all in line with the aerial photography.
I know this latter can be outdated, but looking at the information on the website it seems that the website description matches the aerial photography.
Maybe some local pilots can confirm but it seems to me that there is a discrepancy here.

Br,
J

The georeferencing information of EDKA appears to be completely broken on DFS side or the airfield delivered wrong data, the official VAC does have the referencing removed also. The aviation databases show runways 07/25, but on the satellite picture the runway is marked 08/26 (and btw the taxiways are real off too). I guess the dataset of the airfield is just damaged and it takes some time before they repair it.

efrenken
efrenken
Too Much Forum (19K reputation)Too Much Forum (19K reputation)Too Much Forum (19K reputation)Too Much Forum (19K reputation)Too Much Forum (19K reputation)Too Much Forum (19K reputation)Too Much Forum (19K reputation)Too Much Forum (19K reputation)Too Much Forum (19K reputation)
EDKA is having extensive work in progress and the former rwy 08/26 is relocated to the southern part of the airfield, now being 07/25 with much longer dimensions accommodating future e-airtaxis take-offs and landings.
This is the site developers are planning to test e-airtaxis.

Eric

pilot-byom
p
Too Much Forum (957 reputation)Too Much Forum (957 reputation)Too Much Forum (957 reputation)Too Much Forum (957 reputation)Too Much Forum (957 reputation)Too Much Forum (957 reputation)Too Much Forum (957 reputation)Too Much Forum (957 reputation)Too Much Forum (957 reputation)
efrenken - 8/20/2020 5:26:17 AM
EDKA is having extensive work in progress and the former rwy 08/26 is relocated to the southern part of the airfield, now being 07/25 with much longer dimensions accommodating future e-airtaxis take-offs and landings.
This is the site developers are planning to test e-airtaxis.

Eric

Thx, that explains a lot. I am surprised this is not made transparent at their website.

jfw
jfw
Too Much Forum (8.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (8.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (8.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (8.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (8.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (8.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (8.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (8.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (8.2K reputation)
Ok I understand that Skydemon data is correct and that the sat photo is an old one.
Is indeed strange that their website is not updated... does not help much...

GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Login

Explore
Search