Important: These forums are for discussions between SkyDemon users. They are not routinely monitored by SkyDemon staff so any urgent issues should be sent directly to our Customer Support.

Pilot Swap for Different Legs - Pilot Name in Flight Log

Author
R
Too Much Forum (904 reputation)Too Much Forum (904 reputation)Too Much Forum (904 reputation)Too Much Forum (904 reputation)Too Much Forum (904 reputation)Too Much Forum (904 reputation)Too Much Forum (904 reputation)Too Much Forum (904 reputation)Too Much Forum (904 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
It must be somewhere so obvious that I can't see it - how do I change the pilot name when planning a couple of legs with a landing and pilot swap? I want each flight recorded on the Flight Log with the correct pilot name. Many Thanks.
Tim Dawson
Tim Dawson
SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)
The pilot name recorded in the flight log is the name of the SkyDemon account holder. If you're swapping with another pilot then their log should have their name in it, because they'll be using their own SkyDemon subscription.
Rogerthedodger
R
Too Much Forum (904 reputation)Too Much Forum (904 reputation)Too Much Forum (904 reputation)Too Much Forum (904 reputation)Too Much Forum (904 reputation)Too Much Forum (904 reputation)Too Much Forum (904 reputation)Too Much Forum (904 reputation)Too Much Forum (904 reputation)
Tim Dawson - 7/13/2020 8:54:54 AM
The pilot name recorded in the flight log is the name of the SkyDemon account holder. If you're swapping with another pilot then their log should have their name in it, because they'll be using their own SkyDemon subscription.

Tim - I understand. However I fly with my pilot buddy for nearly all my flights, usually with 2 or 3 pilot swaps at grass strips in a Ikarus C42. We both use SD when flying, whether P1 or as quasi-P2 - for backup and for assisting with navigation/airspace - and actually finding the grass strip which can be quite challenging at times etc. Indeed I want a record of all flights on my SD log, whether I flew them or not for all sorts of reasons - record logging, post flight analysis, pairing up with flight videos (I do all the flight videos) etc etc. 

So when I look at my SD log, it would be really useful to differentiate the flights where I was actual P1. As you can understand, currently they all show as though I actually flew them. Any suggestions, or I am just stuck with it the way it is?

Loving SD and would not be able to get into most of these strips without it - 117 strips and counting.

grahamb
grahamb
Too Much Forum (4.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.3K reputation)
Rogerthedodger - 8/4/2020 3:58:09 PM
Tim Dawson - 7/13/2020 8:54:54 AM

Tim - I understand. However I fly with my pilot buddy for nearly all my flights, usually with 2 or 3 pilot swaps at grass strips in a Ikarus C42. We both use SD when flying, whether P1 or as quasi-P2 - for backup and for assisting with navigation/airspace - and actually finding the grass strip which can be quite challenging at times etc. Indeed I want a record of all flights on my SD log, whether I flew them or not for all sorts of reasons - record logging, post flight analysis, pairing up with flight videos (I do all the flight videos) etc etc. 

So when I look at my SD log, it would be really useful to differentiate the flights where I was actual P1. As you can understand, currently they all show as though I actually flew them. Any suggestions, or I am just stuck with it the way it is?

Loving SD and would not be able to get into most of these strips without it - 117 strips and counting.

You can add manual free text notes to every flight log saved. 

I do this when I’m occasionally flying another aircraft where the flight log is conducted and recorded under my aircraft’s profile. 

Tim Dawson
Tim Dawson
SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)
We're looking into a Logbook feature at the moment, which may end up helping.
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Login

Explore
Search