Important: These forums are for discussions between SkyDemon users. They are not routinely monitored by SkyDemon staff so any urgent issues should be sent directly to our Customer Support.

Opening hours - PPR info missing [3.14][ios][android]

Author
derWessi
Too Much Forum (3.1K reputation)Too Much Forum (3.1K reputation)Too Much Forum (3.1K reputation)Too Much Forum (3.1K reputation)Too Much Forum (3.1K reputation)Too Much Forum (3.1K reputation)Too Much Forum (3.1K reputation)Too Much Forum (3.1K reputation)Too Much Forum (3.1K reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Hi,
when showing the opening hours within the admin information of an airfield the "PPR" flag is missing.
For example in EDCJ on summer the field is PPR Mon-Fri 04:00-05:00 and from 18:00-20:00 UTC.
On android/ios the times are listed but not marked as PPR so one would think, the AP is open from 04:00-20:00 without restrictions.
I also verified other airfields and they all had the same issue.
The PC version of SD is showing the correct information.

Regards,
Andreas

Tim Dawson
Tim Dawson
SkyDemon Team (623K reputation)SkyDemon Team (623K reputation)SkyDemon Team (623K reputation)SkyDemon Team (623K reputation)SkyDemon Team (623K reputation)SkyDemon Team (623K reputation)SkyDemon Team (623K reputation)SkyDemon Team (623K reputation)SkyDemon Team (623K reputation)
I am not sure what you're referring to when you mention a "PPR flag". The opening hours are per what DFS send to us, and should be identical between PC and mobile versions of SkyDemon. They appear to be, in a check I just performed for the airfield you mentioned. Perhaps you could illustrate what you mean with a screenshot or two?
derWessi
derWessi
Too Much Forum (3.1K reputation)Too Much Forum (3.1K reputation)Too Much Forum (3.1K reputation)Too Much Forum (3.1K reputation)Too Much Forum (3.1K reputation)Too Much Forum (3.1K reputation)Too Much Forum (3.1K reputation)Too Much Forum (3.1K reputation)Too Much Forum (3.1K reputation)
Tim Dawson - 7/27/2020 9:32:10 AM
I am not sure what you're referring to when you mention a "PPR flag". The opening hours are per what DFS send to us, and should be identical between PC and mobile versions of SkyDemon. They appear to be, in a check I just performed for the airfield you mentioned. Perhaps you could illustrate what you mean with a screenshot or two?

Sure. Here are some screenshots:
First Screenshot shows the complete info from the AD section of the AIP VFR Germany. Second screenshot shows the same info on the admin information tab on the PC version (note that the additional info about restrictions for instruction flights are missing). And the third screenshot shows again the same info. This time on the iphone. Note the missing "PPR".

Kind regards,
Andreas

Tim Dawson
Tim Dawson
SkyDemon Team (623K reputation)SkyDemon Team (623K reputation)SkyDemon Team (623K reputation)SkyDemon Team (623K reputation)SkyDemon Team (623K reputation)SkyDemon Team (623K reputation)SkyDemon Team (623K reputation)SkyDemon Team (623K reputation)SkyDemon Team (623K reputation)
The difference you're showing in SkyDemon screenshots is impossible unless you've got different charts installed. Please ensure you've got the same (latest) charts for Germany installed on both and then let me know what it looks like.
derWessi
derWessi
Tim Dawson - 7/28/2020 10:08:05 AM
The difference you're showing in SkyDemon screenshots is impossible unless you've got different charts installed. Please ensure you've got the same (latest) charts for Germany installed on both and then let me know what it looks like.

Just verified. Both PC and iOS charts have the same date: 16 Jul 2020. I also tested now on my android tablet with the latest version of SD and with the same charts. It shows the same information as on iOS with missing "PPR".

Tim Dawson
Tim Dawson
Sorry, I cannot explain what you are seeing. On your PC you are clearly looking at older information, as the current information has four telephone numbers for that airfield and two email addresses.

DFS are currently doing a massive overhaul of published opening times so I would expect a lot to change in the next AIRAC cycle.

Tim Dawson
Tim Dawson
The reference to PPR itself was in the free-text remark added to the airfield timesheets. It is no longer present in the current data; instead you have the longer text in German and English.
derWessi
derWessi
Tim Dawson - 7/28/2020 11:39:45 AM
Sorry, I cannot explain what you are seeing. On your PC you are clearly looking at older information, as the current information has four telephone numbers for that airfield and two email addresses.

DFS are currently doing a massive overhaul of published opening times so I would expect a lot to change in the next AIRAC cycle.

I just removed and reloaded the charts on PC and also cleared and re-created the planned route. Now I see the same info on PC (with the 4 telephone number and the two mail adressess and the missing PPR. So I hope that the missing PPR info will be fixed by DFS in the next cycle.

Thanks and regards,
Andresa

derWessi
derWessi
Tim Dawson - 7/28/2020 11:39:45 AM

Hi Tim,
Just updated to the latest charts (valid from 13th Aug). PPR information is still missing.

regards,
Andreas

Tim Dawson
Tim Dawson
I confirm that there is no PPR information in the source data. Are you comparing it with the information given in the "list of aerodromes" and is that what's leading to confusion? If so, I can enquire with DFS on your behalf.
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Login

Explore
Search