Important: These forums are for discussions between SkyDemon users. They are not routinely monitored by SkyDemon staff so any urgent issues should be sent directly to our Customer Support.

Airspace E in Germany

Author
f
Forum Member (34 reputation)Forum Member (34 reputation)Forum Member (34 reputation)Forum Member (34 reputation)Forum Member (34 reputation)Forum Member (34 reputation)Forum Member (34 reputation)Forum Member (34 reputation)Forum Member (34 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Hello everybody,

i have a question regarding the presentation of airspace E in Skydemon. 
In Germany airspace E is everywhere in 2500ft AGL and is lowered to 1700ft AGL or 1000AGL near airports, which have IFR-traffic.
If that happens, Skydemon shows two airspaces: one airspace E from 2500ft AGL to FL100 and one airspace from 1700ft or 1000ft AGL to FL100. So one airspace is inside another. 
In the horizontal presentation you see then two lines for two borders of E (example: near EDFM).
In the screenshot you see two blue lines, one in 1000ft and one in 2500ft

That happens in the ipad version and the windows version and I sometimes think its confusing to see both airspace-borders, because in my opintion there is only one airspace E from 1000ft ALG to FL100

Can this be improved?
Or is this presentation choosen for good reasons?

Thanks and regards,
Florian

Tim Dawson
Tim Dawson
SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)
We used to encode the "islands" of class E from 1000' agl only up to 2500' agl (the base of the general class E) but we had complaints for people who didn't like the presentation, stating that it looked like the class E _only_ went up to 2500' agl. The current presentation, while not necessarily perfect, does convey the situation without giving rise to such complaints.

Have you tried the SkyDemon chart styles? They will merge all the sections of class E in virtual radar into one, with only faint outlines between them.

fzahn
f
Forum Member (34 reputation)Forum Member (34 reputation)Forum Member (34 reputation)Forum Member (34 reputation)Forum Member (34 reputation)Forum Member (34 reputation)Forum Member (34 reputation)Forum Member (34 reputation)Forum Member (34 reputation)
Hi Tim,

i have tried the Skydemon style and its much better there in my opinion. The Echos have been merged together, which simplifies the view.
Would it be possible to have the same approach also in DFS-style?

Thanks and regards,
Florian

Tim Dawson
Tim Dawson
SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)
Yes. We have done this work for the next version. Thank you for the suggestion.
fzahn
f
Tim Dawson - 7/16/2020 11:51:57 AM
Yes. We have done this work for the next version. Thank you for the suggestion.

Great Smile

Thanks for your perfect support!

GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Login

Explore
Search