Important: These forums are for discussions between SkyDemon users. They are not routinely monitored by SkyDemon staff so any urgent issues should be sent directly to our Customer Support.

Huawei P30 / XGPS160 mock GPS provider issue with SD

Author
Clearofcloud
Too Much Forum (372 reputation)Too Much Forum (372 reputation)Too Much Forum (372 reputation)Too Much Forum (372 reputation)Too Much Forum (372 reputation)Too Much Forum (372 reputation)Too Much Forum (372 reputation)Too Much Forum (372 reputation)Too Much Forum (372 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Hi All,

I recently changed phone to the Huawei P30 and have run into an issue.
Skydemon won't recognise the bluetooth gps signal from the XGPS160, which it has recognised before on my Samsung S6

Here's my setup
Huawei P30
XGPS160
Skydemon
BluetoothGPS (software mock GPS provider)

I've updated the SD software, updated the firmware on the XGPS160 and ensured "mock location" is allowed in the Developer options of the phone.
The phone will connect to the GPS and receive data successfully: the BluetoothGPS software confirms this.
When I try to "Go Fly" in SD, Skydemon tells me I have to enable location services, which then uses the internal phone GPS rather than the XGPS160

Anyone have any suggestions

Sky Painter
Sky Painter
Too Much Forum (49K reputation)Too Much Forum (49K reputation)Too Much Forum (49K reputation)Too Much Forum (49K reputation)Too Much Forum (49K reputation)Too Much Forum (49K reputation)Too Much Forum (49K reputation)Too Much Forum (49K reputation)Too Much Forum (49K reputation)
I'm curious to know why you would want to use an external GPS source when your phone has an internal GPS.

Mike
, SD 3.16.12.0

Clearofcloud
Clearofcloud
Too Much Forum (372 reputation)Too Much Forum (372 reputation)Too Much Forum (372 reputation)Too Much Forum (372 reputation)Too Much Forum (372 reputation)Too Much Forum (372 reputation)Too Much Forum (372 reputation)Too Much Forum (372 reputation)Too Much Forum (372 reputation)
Battery management and I can leave phone in flight bag without loss of signal.

grahamb
grahamb
Too Much Forum (4.4K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.4K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.4K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.4K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.4K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.4K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.4K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.4K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.4K reputation)
I know nothing about Huawei phones but it sounds to me like the XGPS160 isn't interacting with the location services function on the phone properly.  
Clearofcloud
Clearofcloud
I'm not so sure that it's the physical GPS unit. The BluetoothGPS software is recognizing the hardware and it is appearing in Android's list of mock GPS providers. For some reason, SD is not getting the "mock signal".

The phyiscal hardware is definitely working on my old Ipad , which doesn't use mock proiders, so I'm reasonably confident that it is some sort of software issue.

GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Login

Explore
Search