Important: These forums are for discussions between SkyDemon users. They are not routinely monitored by SkyDemon staff so any urgent issues should be sent directly to our Customer Support.

Self-made georeferenced Approach Charts

Author
r
Junior Member (21 reputation)Junior Member (21 reputation)Junior Member (21 reputation)Junior Member (21 reputation)Junior Member (21 reputation)Junior Member (21 reputation)Junior Member (21 reputation)Junior Member (21 reputation)Junior Member (21 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Dear Skydemon Board, 
in Switzerland we have some airfields which are private and do not have an official approach chart in the skyguide AIP. But they are available on their website for download. 

thanks to qgis, you can create self made referenced charts. Is this supported with Skydemon? Which settings must be used for the best experience? I was able to save the PDF under the airport but not as georeferenced so far and with no option to overlay it to the base map.

best regards
r2k

grahamb
grahamb
Too Much Forum (4.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.3K reputation)
r2k - 5/25/2020 9:32:11 AM
Dear Skydemon Board, 
in Switzerland we have some airfields which are private and do not have an official approach chart in the skyguide AIP. But they are available on their website for download. 

thanks to qgis, you can create self made referenced charts. Is this supported with Skydemon? Which settings must be used for the best experience? I was able to save the PDF under the airport but not as georeferenced so far and with no option to overlay it to the base map.

best regards
r2k

Have you looked at the 'Custom Data' tool under the Setup menu in the Windows version?

This allows you to create custom airspace, routes, obstructions etc. that can be displayed on the chart..

r2k
r
Junior Member (21 reputation)Junior Member (21 reputation)Junior Member (21 reputation)Junior Member (21 reputation)Junior Member (21 reputation)Junior Member (21 reputation)Junior Member (21 reputation)Junior Member (21 reputation)Junior Member (21 reputation)
Hi grahamb,
thank you, didnt know this function. Ill have a look into it. 

Is there an easy tutorial? 

best regards

Tim Dawson
Tim Dawson
SkyDemon Team (617K reputation)SkyDemon Team (617K reputation)SkyDemon Team (617K reputation)SkyDemon Team (617K reputation)SkyDemon Team (617K reputation)SkyDemon Team (617K reputation)SkyDemon Team (617K reputation)SkyDemon Team (617K reputation)SkyDemon Team (617K reputation)
You cannot create self-defined georeferenced plates in SkyDemon.
emporer
e
Too Much Forum (1.4K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.4K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.4K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.4K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.4K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.4K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.4K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.4K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.4K reputation)
dear r2k, its not possible to create georeferenced charts. but maybe you only want to define a traffic pattern for your airfield that will be displayed in SD. that is possible, but cumbersome and unfortunately SD does not provide a convenient tool.

For my airfield I did that and it will look like on the screenshot enclosed. if interested i will help you out.
Andreas
r2k
r
Dear all, 
many thanks for the update, so I would like to raise a feature request Wink 

@emporer: This would be great! 

best regards
Marco

p.s. I am speaking German as well Wink 

GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...