Important: These forums are for discussions between SkyDemon users. They are not routinely monitored by SkyDemon staff so any urgent issues should be sent directly to our Customer Support.

Red diagonal X on chart

Author
J
Junior Member (12 reputation)Junior Member (12 reputation)Junior Member (12 reputation)Junior Member (12 reputation)Junior Member (12 reputation)Junior Member (12 reputation)Junior Member (12 reputation)Junior Member (12 reputation)Junior Member (12 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Hello

When I zoom my chart over Denmark, everything is fine till a certain point. When I reach this zoom level, all symbols dissapear and two thin red diagonal lines form a red cross from corner to corner on the screen over the landscape, This is only until I have zoomed in some more. At this zoom level the cross dissapears and all symbols comes back. What is that all about?

Regards

Jimmy Jensen

Tim Dawson
Tim Dawson
SkyDemon Team (623K reputation)SkyDemon Team (623K reputation)SkyDemon Team (623K reputation)SkyDemon Team (623K reputation)SkyDemon Team (623K reputation)SkyDemon Team (623K reputation)SkyDemon Team (623K reputation)SkyDemon Team (623K reputation)SkyDemon Team (623K reputation)
Hi Jimmy, you're running into an obscure bug with the high contrast chart style; one that we've fixed ready for the next release. You can download a beta version from the link below which will resolve the issue, pending the next release, if you like.

Jimmy Jensen
J
Junior Member (12 reputation)Junior Member (12 reputation)Junior Member (12 reputation)Junior Member (12 reputation)Junior Member (12 reputation)Junior Member (12 reputation)Junior Member (12 reputation)Junior Member (12 reputation)Junior Member (12 reputation)
Tim Dawson - 5/12/2020 2:34:10 PM
Hi Jimmy, you're running into an obscure bug with the high contrast chart style; one that we've fixed ready for the next release. You can download a beta version from the link below which will resolve the issue, pending the next release, if you like.

Thanks for fast answer. I think I will just use another chart than high contrast, untill the update.

By the way:
How is it possible, in SkyDemon, to make the charts look like a regular VFR sectional chart, in regard of symbols, colours and degree of "cluttering"? I've inserted a screenshot from the Danish aviation authorities, of the area around EKCH, Kastrup. Copenhagen.

Tim Dawson
Tim Dawson
SkyDemon Team (623K reputation)SkyDemon Team (623K reputation)SkyDemon Team (623K reputation)SkyDemon Team (623K reputation)SkyDemon Team (623K reputation)SkyDemon Team (623K reputation)SkyDemon Team (623K reputation)SkyDemon Team (623K reputation)SkyDemon Team (623K reputation)
What do you mean by "regular"? Every national authority has their own distinct chart style and symbols.

The SkyDemon chart styles are designed to give a consistently clear view of aeronautical features across the whole of Europe, those are your best bet.

Jimmy Jensen
J
Thank You, for information Smile

Regards
Jimmy Jensen

GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Login

Explore