Important: These forums are for discussions between SkyDemon users. They are not routinely monitored by SkyDemon staff so any urgent issues should be sent directly to our Customer Support.

Flightplan filing city names

Author
Daniel Sinn
Too Much Forum (2K reputation)Too Much Forum (2K reputation)Too Much Forum (2K reputation)Too Much Forum (2K reputation)Too Much Forum (2K reputation)Too Much Forum (2K reputation)Too Much Forum (2K reputation)Too Much Forum (2K reputation)Too Much Forum (2K reputation)
Group: Forum Members
bharb - 5/18/2020 4:27:38 PM
Hello! Please do not stop this feature ;-) I had this question a looong time ago here in the forum, but I was told that you will not implement that, so please stick on this topic and make it an option as mentioned above.

I fly from Austria to Germany, Hungary, Slovenia, Croatia, Czech and Slovakia regularly and I file flightplans with city names for every flight and I never had a problem.

So please make this option as mentioned - that is a big feature for us here in central europe. Btw, I also asked an air traffic controller from Austria and he told me, that they hate the skydemon style with its coordinates, but they cannot do anything against ;-)

Cheers,
Bernhard.

Yes, please don't stop on this topic!! I can share your view to 100 percent, thats so true.

Andrew
A
Too Much Forum (81 reputation)Too Much Forum (81 reputation)Too Much Forum (81 reputation)Too Much Forum (81 reputation)Too Much Forum (81 reputation)Too Much Forum (81 reputation)Too Much Forum (81 reputation)Too Much Forum (81 reputation)Too Much Forum (81 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Resurrecting this one again... from South Africa.  While we don't require city names, it is normal practice to use aerodrome designators in VFR flightplans... in fact this Aeronautical Information Circular specifically mentions:

1.8.2 SIGNIFICANT POINT (2 TO 11 CHARACTERS)
The coded designator (2 to 5 characters) assigned to the point (e.g. JS, JSV, ORNAD, FAWB)

FAWB in the above being an aerodrome

It would really be useful - even if to copy and paste into the CAA's online submission site - to have the designator... and less error-prone than having to search the string of co-ordinates to replace the right set with the designator.

As raised before, would be great to have this as a toggle setting to suit various user needs

Cheers
Andrew

GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Login

Explore
Search