Important: These forums are for discussions between SkyDemon users. They are not routinely monitored by SkyDemon staff so any urgent issues should be sent directly to our Customer Support.

Noervenich ETNN radio frequency missing

Author
e
Too Much Forum (52 reputation)Too Much Forum (52 reputation)Too Much Forum (52 reputation)Too Much Forum (52 reputation)Too Much Forum (52 reputation)Too Much Forum (52 reputation)Too Much Forum (52 reputation)Too Much Forum (52 reputation)Too Much Forum (52 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Hi there,
just planning to cross ETNN CTR and can't find the TWR frequency. Not in approach information, not in pilot log frequencies, not in "Radio". It's mentioned in the current ICAO chart though.
Can anyone give me a hint please where to find such frequencies in SD? 
Thanks,
Juergen

grahamb
grahamb
Too Much Forum (4.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.3K reputation)
The AIP?
elanbaby
e
Too Much Forum (52 reputation)Too Much Forum (52 reputation)Too Much Forum (52 reputation)Too Much Forum (52 reputation)Too Much Forum (52 reputation)Too Much Forum (52 reputation)Too Much Forum (52 reputation)Too Much Forum (52 reputation)Too Much Forum (52 reputation)
grahamb - 4/15/2020 12:47:08 PM
The AIP?

Yes sure. But for all (as far as I have checked) other airfields the radio frequencies are shown at SD approach information. 
And the mentioned ETNN airfield is HX military CTR during the week and INFO at weekends. Same frequency 136.200
I guess it's a fault by SD...

Frequency should turn up like here for example:

Juergen

Edited 4/16/2020 3:29:40 AM by elanbaby
grahamb
grahamb
Too Much Forum (4.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.3K reputation)
I agree it seems odd. Perhaps it’s an error in the data received by SD. 
Tim Dawson
Tim Dawson
SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)
I've checked the data we get from DFS and there is no valid VHF frequency given for ETNN. To be clear, what frequency are you expecting? You mentioned 136.200 but I can't see that on the screenshot of the DFS chart you posted.
Andreas
Andreas
Too Much Forum (57 reputation)Too Much Forum (57 reputation)Too Much Forum (57 reputation)Too Much Forum (57 reputation)Too Much Forum (57 reputation)Too Much Forum (57 reputation)Too Much Forum (57 reputation)Too Much Forum (57 reputation)Too Much Forum (57 reputation)
Tim Dawson - 4/16/2020 9:33:34 AM
I've checked the data we get from DFS and there is no valid VHF frequency given for ETNN. To be clear, what frequency are you expecting? You mentioned 136.200 but I can't see that on the screenshot of the DFS chart you posted.

136.200 It's in the 8 o'clock position on the map snippet

pilot-byom
p
Too Much Forum (957 reputation)Too Much Forum (957 reputation)Too Much Forum (957 reputation)Too Much Forum (957 reputation)Too Much Forum (957 reputation)Too Much Forum (957 reputation)Too Much Forum (957 reputation)Too Much Forum (957 reputation)Too Much Forum (957 reputation)
ETNN is a MIL airport, so the MIL-AIP (Germany does not have one but three AIPs) applies.
SD only uses the VFR-AIP to my knowledge, correct?

elanbaby
e
MarkusM - 4/16/2020 5:32:27 PM
ETNN is a MIL airport, so the MIL-AIP (Germany does not have one but three AIPs) applies.

ETNN is open to GA on weekends- same frequency is INFO then.

On the other side Spangdahlem is military only. But there the frequency is shown by SD.

Hey, I'm not posting here to make SD look bad! I'm trying to supply information so SD might be improved.

Of course it's still possible that I'm too dumb to click the right buttons. Then please help me...

Edited 4/16/2020 8:08:14 PM by elanbaby
pilot-byom
p
Too Much Forum (957 reputation)Too Much Forum (957 reputation)Too Much Forum (957 reputation)Too Much Forum (957 reputation)Too Much Forum (957 reputation)Too Much Forum (957 reputation)Too Much Forum (957 reputation)Too Much Forum (957 reputation)Too Much Forum (957 reputation)
elanbaby - 4/16/2020 8:04:52 PM
MarkusM - 4/16/2020 5:32:27 PM

ETNN is open to GA on weekends- same frequency is INFO then.

On the other side Spangdahlem is military only. But there the frequency is shown by SD.

Hey, I'm not posting here to make SD look bad! I'm trying to supply information so SD might be improved.

Of course it's still possible that I'm too dumb to click the right buttons. Then please help me...

It is not about looking bad or not, it is all about the pilots obligation to inform on any(!) available information. Checking only on Skydemon is not enough, especially in Germany, and T. Dawson stresses this quite often in this forum!

Entries to the German AIPs solely rely on the airfields to actively report their data. There is no obligation whatsoever to tell the guys publishing the VFR-AIP anything and nobody actively supervises data collected, it is a pure passive system. An airfield deciding not to publish data, will have no data published and btw, same is true for FIS - they will usually not approach an airfield, the airfield has to approach them (btw, which was pretty nasty when the airfields didn't realize they have to give FIS their new 833 frequencies actively ...). These guys are highly supportive and customer oriented, but they don't have to fetch data.

It looks as if ETNN decided not to send data to the VFR-AIP, so the one to approach and ask is the commander of Noervenich. But, be open for them to be free to point to the different AIPs and the pilots obligation and the fact that only the VFR-AIP is paid content, the others are free. It even may be an official order not to support private paid content as the DFS VFR-AIP, who knows? They also might take standpoint it was Skydemons decision only to incorporate the VFR-AIP as that focus is on a unified European VFR solution (which is not 100% backed up by reality today). Sorry, lots of speculation, but short - Skydemon maybe not the first addressee for the request. They made their strategic decision, other solutions took other.

Edited 4/17/2020 6:11:53 AM by MarkusM
Tim Dawson
Tim Dawson
SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)
Thanks for pointing to the frequency - as far as I'm concerned, we should have it. I will approach DFS and make the arguments from this thread.
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Login

Explore
Search