Important: These forums are for discussions between SkyDemon users. They are not routinely monitored by SkyDemon staff so any urgent issues should be sent directly to our Customer Support.

PLOG with TAS inconsistent with performance entries

Author
Xavier
Too Much Forum (2.4K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.4K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.4K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.4K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.4K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.4K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.4K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.4K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.4K reputation)
Group: Forum Members
I have entered only one power setting (Max Cruise) with several levels.
The airspeed type I chose is True (TAS).
Of course the airspeed depends on the level.
I then planned a flight with  a cruise at a high level, and a step descent due to airspace.
On the plog each level leg is shown with the Seal Level TAS, and the time for each leg is calculated with that TAS.
Climbing and descending legs are shown with a climb speed or a descend speed, but level legs are shown with the SL TAS.
Have I forgotten a parameter somewhere? Or is it a bug?

Tim Dawson
Tim Dawson
SkyDemon Team (618K reputation)SkyDemon Team (618K reputation)SkyDemon Team (618K reputation)SkyDemon Team (618K reputation)SkyDemon Team (618K reputation)SkyDemon Team (618K reputation)SkyDemon Team (618K reputation)SkyDemon Team (618K reputation)SkyDemon Team (618K reputation)
Usually when people think there's an error in this calculation it's because part of the leg(s) in question is in a climb or descent. Please contact customer support if you think that isn't the case; they can talk you through it and if you send them the route and aircraft profile they'll be able to explain what you're seeing.
Xavier
Xavier
Too Much Forum (2.4K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.4K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.4K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.4K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.4K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.4K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.4K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.4K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.4K reputation)
I could find the answer by myself
Entries should be made by altitude (10000ft, 20000ft) and not by flight levels (FL100, FL200) otherwise only the lowest level is taken into account.
I think it's a bug because the FLxxx enties should not be allowed.

Tim Dawson
Tim Dawson
SkyDemon Team (618K reputation)SkyDemon Team (618K reputation)SkyDemon Team (618K reputation)SkyDemon Team (618K reputation)SkyDemon Team (618K reputation)SkyDemon Team (618K reputation)SkyDemon Team (618K reputation)SkyDemon Team (618K reputation)SkyDemon Team (618K reputation)
Do you mean entries in the aircraft performance profile? If so, had you set the equivalent flight level for your actual flight?
Xavier
Xavier
Tim Dawson - 3/24/2020 10:23:49 AM
Do you mean entries in the aircraft performance profile? If so, had you set the equivalent flight level for your actual flight?

I had entered FL50, FL100 etc. in the aircraft performance profile
and FLxx for the actual flight, but the plog took into account only the lowest FL performance.
After having replaced FL by the equivalent altitude (FL50 with 5000ft etc.) in the performance profile, the plog became correct.

Tim Dawson
Tim Dawson
Thanks for confirming. I suspect, but do not recall for sure, that the flight modelling engine in SkyDemon currently only concerns itself with altitudes and not flight levels.
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Login

Explore
Search