Important: These forums are for discussions between SkyDemon users. They are not routinely monitored by SkyDemon staff so any urgent issues should be sent directly to our Customer Support.

Strange logs (flight times, altitude profiles...)

Author
k
Forum Newbie (7 reputation)Forum Newbie (7 reputation)Forum Newbie (7 reputation)Forum Newbie (7 reputation)Forum Newbie (7 reputation)Forum Newbie (7 reputation)Forum Newbie (7 reputation)Forum Newbie (7 reputation)Forum Newbie (7 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Has anyone experienced similar random issues with the logs?

My altitude control is pretty impressive, eh? :-) That takeoff time 12.16 Z is correct...but how does Skydemon then think I landed at 12.05 Z? (And I didn't touch the device time or anything like that.) Luckily I recorded the times also manually but it'd be nice to rely solely on Skydemon. The maximum altitude also seems to be slightly below MSL. :-o

I have iPad version 3.13.4.222.

Tim Dawson
Tim Dawson
SkyDemon Team (623K reputation)SkyDemon Team (623K reputation)SkyDemon Team (623K reputation)SkyDemon Team (623K reputation)SkyDemon Team (623K reputation)SkyDemon Team (623K reputation)SkyDemon Team (623K reputation)SkyDemon Team (623K reputation)SkyDemon Team (623K reputation)
No. What do the altitude and speed readings in SkyDemon actually say, during a flight? Is it possible your device's GPS is broken or you're somehow using some location data that isn't GPS-derived?
kgr
k
Forum Newbie (7 reputation)Forum Newbie (7 reputation)Forum Newbie (7 reputation)Forum Newbie (7 reputation)Forum Newbie (7 reputation)Forum Newbie (7 reputation)Forum Newbie (7 reputation)Forum Newbie (7 reputation)Forum Newbie (7 reputation)
Tim Dawson - 3/12/2020 9:58:50 AM
No. What do the altitude and speed readings in SkyDemon actually say, during a flight? Is it possible your device's GPS is broken or you're somehow using some location data that isn't GPS-derived?

Oh... During the flight the altitude and speed (ALT & GS in the top bar) were just fine. GPS lost the signal very briefly a couple of times, but resumed normally after that. It sometimes happens to me depending on the aircraft type, etc., as I'm using a kneeboard, so the device is quite low in the cockpit and I don't use any external GPS.
I didn't notice anything unusual before I was trying to check my flight/block times after landing.

Edited 3/12/2020 10:46:35 AM by kgr
Tim Dawson
Tim Dawson
SkyDemon Team (623K reputation)SkyDemon Team (623K reputation)SkyDemon Team (623K reputation)SkyDemon Team (623K reputation)SkyDemon Team (623K reputation)SkyDemon Team (623K reputation)SkyDemon Team (623K reputation)SkyDemon Team (623K reputation)SkyDemon Team (623K reputation)
There's definitely some corruption happening somewhere, I've never seen anything like it. You might like to get in touch with our customer support and send them the log, just so we can see it for ourselves and explore the data.
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Login

Explore
Search