Important: These forums are for discussions between SkyDemon users. They are not routinely monitored by SkyDemon staff so any urgent issues should be sent directly to our Customer Support.

Trying to plot a route

Author
n
Forum Newbie (4 reputation)Forum Newbie (4 reputation)Forum Newbie (4 reputation)Forum Newbie (4 reputation)Forum Newbie (4 reputation)Forum Newbie (4 reputation)Forum Newbie (4 reputation)Forum Newbie (4 reputation)Forum Newbie (4 reputation)
Group: Forum Members

Hello all,

I'm just a newby. I'm trying to plot a route on my tablet, a Lenovo M8 with built in GPS. I touch a starting point and try and create a leg, by touching a second point, but no track line appears. Sometime I can plot two or three legs of a journey and it won't let me do any more. So to sum up. I get the notification ( now click on another waypoint etc.) but it doesn't plot the track line. I've tried to vary the pressure of the touch and have even tried one of those plotting stylus.

Hope someone can help it's very frustrating. Other than that I'm doing fine on the computer it's just the tablet I'm having problems with.

Thanks in advance Alan

Tim Dawson
Tim Dawson
SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)
Hello Alan, it's hard to say what might be wrong without seeing you do it. Possibly giving us a quick call might be the best way for us to help you.

I would check that you don't already have a route plotted; if you do, the touch-to-add-waypoints thing will be disabled. If you want to extend an existing route, first touch the last waypoint at which point you'll get a speech bubble encouraging you to touch the next one. If touching the next one doesn't do anything, something is wrong. Ensure there actually is a waypoint where you're touching. But I think giving us a call would be very helpful.

Tony N
Tony N
Too Much Forum (17K reputation)Too Much Forum (17K reputation)Too Much Forum (17K reputation)Too Much Forum (17K reputation)Too Much Forum (17K reputation)Too Much Forum (17K reputation)Too Much Forum (17K reputation)Too Much Forum (17K reputation)Too Much Forum (17K reputation)
Alan,

I have just tried what you are attempting on my Samsung Galaxy S8 and it works fine.
I managed to create a 10 leg flight by very lightly tapping on the display and each track line displayed okay.
I chose VRPs and airfields (for simplicity).

Could it be your device screen or "sensitivity" to your tapping?
Tony

GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Login

Explore
Search