Important: These forums are for discussions between SkyDemon users. They are not routinely monitored by SkyDemon staff so any urgent issues should be sent directly to our Customer Support.

Slovak AIP VFR Manual missing

Author
Frans
Too Much Forum (1.1K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.1K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.1K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.1K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.1K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.1K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.1K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.1K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.1K reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Official approach and aerodrome charts for all uncontrolled aerodromes in Slovakia are still missing in Skydemon, even though they are accessible for free at the Slovak AIS website. Aerodrome information, provided within these documents, are necessary for flight planning in Slovakia. Would be great to have them available on all aerodromes in Skydemon.

Tim Dawson
Tim Dawson
SkyDemon Team (617K reputation)SkyDemon Team (617K reputation)SkyDemon Team (617K reputation)SkyDemon Team (617K reputation)SkyDemon Team (617K reputation)SkyDemon Team (617K reputation)SkyDemon Team (617K reputation)SkyDemon Team (617K reputation)SkyDemon Team (617K reputation)
Sorry, we do not incorporate AIPs into SkyDemon unless they are part of the Eurocontrol PAMS database with which we have detailed licensing agreements and well-established software processes to keep them up-to-date.

Since the VFR manual you mentioned is available freely online, it would be a lot of investment to automate its integration and updating into SkyDemon just to save people visiting their website. Perhaps the publishers will consider using the Eurocontrol PAMS database to host it in the future, at which point we could integrate it.

Frans
Frans
Too Much Forum (1.1K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.1K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.1K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.1K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.1K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.1K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.1K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.1K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.1K reputation)
Well, Skydemon is also offering additional products, like VFR Manual from Skyguide, Avioportolano, Databáze letišť etc. Would it be such a big issue to integrate free available VFR manuals into Skydemon? The benefit would be to have all the needed information just in one app, without the need of switching to other applications, plus the big advantage of georeferenced charts on the Skydemon charts. The above mentioned "VFR Manual" is not just 'some' data from someone, it's officially published from the Slovak authorities. All charts can be downloaded in just one .ZIP file.

I've done some flying in Slovakia before and it was a bit of a pain to find useful information about uncontrolled airfields until I found the above mentioned VFR Manual online. The Databáze letišť costs again extra money and isn't official either. I was a bit confused of the fact that, during my latest flight preparations, the free VFR Manual is still not integrated in SD yet. Without the VFR Manual, people are forced to buy Databáze letišť to have similar data available in Skydemon.

Don't get me wrong, I would even pay a few euros per year extra to have all data completely available in Skydemon. I just don't get the fact that I now need to buy third party content to have airfield data and charts available in Skydemon. Please let me know if you guys need some help. Perhaps a simple request to the Slovak AIS office would do the job?

Edited 11/21/2019 11:01:24 PM by Frans
Tim Dawson
Tim Dawson
SkyDemon Team (617K reputation)SkyDemon Team (617K reputation)SkyDemon Team (617K reputation)SkyDemon Team (617K reputation)SkyDemon Team (617K reputation)SkyDemon Team (617K reputation)SkyDemon Team (617K reputation)SkyDemon Team (617K reputation)SkyDemon Team (617K reputation)
If you have a contact there, by all means make enquiries.

We integrate certain third-party products where we have a contractual relationship with the author and, and make a small margin on the cost price of those products in order to cover our costs for maintaining them and georeferencing the documents.

Offering a free product, outside of a contract, is a very different business proposition. It isn't something we have done before.

GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Login

Explore
Search