Important: These forums are for discussions between SkyDemon users. They are not routinely monitored by SkyDemon staff so any urgent issues should be sent directly to our Customer Support.

flight log question

Author
a
Forum Newbie (9 reputation)Forum Newbie (9 reputation)Forum Newbie (9 reputation)Forum Newbie (9 reputation)Forum Newbie (9 reputation)Forum Newbie (9 reputation)Forum Newbie (9 reputation)Forum Newbie (9 reputation)Forum Newbie (9 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Hello,

Maybe already asked and answered, can't find though:
If I forgot to click the button to start then stop the blocks time, is there any way to edit log and add it later?
Thanks!

Tim Dawson
Tim Dawson
SkyDemon Team (617K reputation)SkyDemon Team (617K reputation)SkyDemon Team (617K reputation)SkyDemon Team (617K reputation)SkyDemon Team (617K reputation)SkyDemon Team (617K reputation)SkyDemon Team (617K reputation)SkyDemon Team (617K reputation)SkyDemon Team (617K reputation)
No, there isn't.
Piper
P
Forum Member (38 reputation)Forum Member (38 reputation)Forum Member (38 reputation)Forum Member (38 reputation)Forum Member (38 reputation)Forum Member (38 reputation)Forum Member (38 reputation)Forum Member (38 reputation)Forum Member (38 reputation)
Why not?

Please, maybe you could add a feature allowing manual editing times in the logs?
The app crashes sometimes and logs get lost!

Tim Dawson
Tim Dawson
SkyDemon Team (617K reputation)SkyDemon Team (617K reputation)SkyDemon Team (617K reputation)SkyDemon Team (617K reputation)SkyDemon Team (617K reputation)SkyDemon Team (617K reputation)SkyDemon Team (617K reputation)SkyDemon Team (617K reputation)SkyDemon Team (617K reputation)
Flight logs are supposed to be an accurate record of what happened during your flight. I'm sure you can understand why we have no intention to make parts of them user-editable.

Crashes in SkyDemon are rare, and we review every one of them. If you're experiencing instability running SkyDemon on your device that's an issue to talk to technical support about.

Piper
P
Forum Member (38 reputation)Forum Member (38 reputation)Forum Member (38 reputation)Forum Member (38 reputation)Forum Member (38 reputation)Forum Member (38 reputation)Forum Member (38 reputation)Forum Member (38 reputation)Forum Member (38 reputation)
Dear Tim,

I don't agree with you.
We should be able to manually override all data as required.
After all even our personal logbooks certifying flight hours are manually created by us - pilots - nobody tries to block it!
My intention was to create reliable log for my private aircraft. Based on actual, precise time data.
However app crashes happen (to me it happens very rarely) but it resulted in my whole record being just false! It could be easily solved by just inserting data manually.
Now I have to move to something more reliable than SD and WITH manual adjustment possible.

regards,
Tom

arj1
a
Forum Newbie (9 reputation)Forum Newbie (9 reputation)Forum Newbie (9 reputation)Forum Newbie (9 reputation)Forum Newbie (9 reputation)Forum Newbie (9 reputation)Forum Newbie (9 reputation)Forum Newbie (9 reputation)Forum Newbie (9 reputation)
And another issue - Skydemon automatically logs only the time in the air (for obvious reasons) and so if I forgot to click "off-block", for example, I cannot add this later.
May be a feature to add times but not modify them?
Or changes only to be available for, say, 24 hours?
Thanks!

Regards,
Alex.

Piper
P
arj1 - 11/20/2019 3:03:39 PM
And another issue - Skydemon automatically logs only the time in the air (for obvious reasons) and so if I forgot to click "off-block", for example, I cannot add this later.
May be a feature to add times but not modify them?
Or changes only to be available for, say, 24 hours?
Thanks!

Regards,
Alex.

When your plane starts to move it should automatically record Off Block time. That works for me perfectly. I dont click anything except Ëngine Start" button - for my private records.

But - WE NEED the capability of overriding the time data manually in case something goes wrong with GPS or APP!

Tim Dawson
Tim Dawson
SkyDemon isn't a logbook. Perhaps you are mistaking it for one? When copying times from SkyDemon to your logbook you are free to modify them any way you please. SkyDemon logs are logs of your flights.
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Login

Explore
Search