Important: These forums are for discussions between SkyDemon users. They are not routinely monitored by SkyDemon staff so any urgent issues should be sent directly to our Customer Support.

Logging does not always automatically start

Author
jfw
Too Much Forum (8.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (8.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (8.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (8.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (8.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (8.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (8.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (8.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (8.2K reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Hi !
Yesterday I made a flight and with skydemon running on my ipad and iphone. For both I selected "Go Flying" but the flight was only registered on my iphone and not on my ipad. All connected in BT to an external Bad Elf GPS receiver.
Latest version of IOS and SKydemon. No clue the reason for this.
Could it be that on a device no route was drawn ? Could this be the cause ?
Some any clue for this ?

Sky Painter
Sky Painter
Too Much Forum (49K reputation)Too Much Forum (49K reputation)Too Much Forum (49K reputation)Too Much Forum (49K reputation)Too Much Forum (49K reputation)Too Much Forum (49K reputation)Too Much Forum (49K reputation)Too Much Forum (49K reputation)Too Much Forum (49K reputation)
jfw - 8/26/2019 10:05:31 AM
Hi !
Yesterday I made a flight and with skydemon running on my ipad and iphone. For both I selected "Go Flying" but the flight was only registered on my iphone and not on my ipad. All connected in BT to an external Bad Elf GPS receiver.
Latest version of IOS and SKydemon. No clue the reason for this.
Could it be that on a device no route was drawn ? Could this be the cause ?
Some any clue for this ?

I stand to be corrected, but I'm fairly certain that you can only connect one device at a time to an external GPS via Bluetooth.

Mike
, SD 3.16.12.0

grahamb
grahamb
Too Much Forum (4.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.3K reputation)
You can connect up to 5 devices via BT to my XPS160, not that I do anymore as I now use PAW.
Edited 8/26/2019 2:05:48 PM by grahamb
jfw
jfw
Too Much Forum (8.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (8.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (8.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (8.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (8.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (8.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (8.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (8.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (8.2K reputation)
Sky Painter - 8/26/2019 10:23:07 AM
I stand to be corrected, but I'm fairly certain that you can only connect one device at a time to an external GPS via Bluetooth.

The Bad Elf supports the connection of two devices. It has always worked in the past... I will make further tests in order to try to identify a possible cause

Tim Dawson
Tim Dawson
SkyDemon Team (617K reputation)SkyDemon Team (617K reputation)SkyDemon Team (617K reputation)SkyDemon Team (617K reputation)SkyDemon Team (617K reputation)SkyDemon Team (617K reputation)SkyDemon Team (617K reputation)SkyDemon Team (617K reputation)SkyDemon Team (617K reputation)
SkyDemon will always log a flight, unless it is prohibited from doing so by your device (if the disk is full etc).
jfw
jfw
Tim Dawson - 8/28/2019 10:08:20 AM
SkyDemon will always log a flight, unless it is prohibited from doing so by your device (if the disk is full etc).

Which should not be the case... I will carefully look at this and report if I can find some useful elements.

jfw
jfw
Ok. I know what Tim and SD support states that Skydemon will always start to log a flight automatically unless it is unable because of the device (eg memory/disk full) but it still have intermittent issues with the logging and I can still not find any justification next to Skydemon failing to start logging.
Below two screenshots:
-before the flight: you can clearly see the "Go Flying" mode and that the plane is geo-localized
-one after the flight: you can see that it has not detected the take-off. I have was in IFR training and returned to the iPad when going back you will see that Skydemon suddenly detected that I was flying and made straight line between the aerodrome of departure and the point where I was flying (cfr red arrow). The rest of the flight was logged correctly.
Please note the huge difference between motor started (which I started manually) and the flight time.

Tim Dawson
Tim Dawson
SkyDemon Team (617K reputation)SkyDemon Team (617K reputation)SkyDemon Team (617K reputation)SkyDemon Team (617K reputation)SkyDemon Team (617K reputation)SkyDemon Team (617K reputation)SkyDemon Team (617K reputation)SkyDemon Team (617K reputation)SkyDemon Team (617K reputation)
Are you able to capture a screenshot from a part of the flight where SkyDemon has not started logging? That would be really helpful.

The screenshot showing the straight line is very illuminating. It tells me that SkyDemon was not being given a location for you during this time, so we were not able to log any points in your flight. It is likely therefore that groundspeed and altitude were also not available. Without any of this information, SkyDemon has no idea that you are flying. Even if it did, it wouldn't be helpful because we cannot drop breadcrumbs into your log if we don't have the data to log.

GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Login

Explore
Search