Important: These forums are for discussions between SkyDemon users. They are not routinely monitored by SkyDemon staff so any urgent issues should be sent directly to our Customer Support.

French SIV

Author
C
Junior Member (17 reputation)Junior Member (17 reputation)Junior Member (17 reputation)Junior Member (17 reputation)Junior Member (17 reputation)Junior Member (17 reputation)Junior Member (17 reputation)Junior Member (17 reputation)Junior Member (17 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Hi,
I use SkyDemon on Android mobile phone and PC Windows 10.
On map, I don't see the french SIV (Secteur d'Information de Vol or Flight Information Sector) that are something like Area Control Center : they give squawk ident, information about convergent trafic, activated zone ...
Do they exist?

Tim Dawson
Tim Dawson
SkyDemon Team (623K reputation)SkyDemon Team (623K reputation)SkyDemon Team (623K reputation)SkyDemon Team (623K reputation)SkyDemon Team (623K reputation)SkyDemon Team (623K reputation)SkyDemon Team (623K reputation)SkyDemon Team (623K reputation)SkyDemon Team (623K reputation)
They are all in the map database and if you press and hold on the map, you'll see the appropriate units to contact for an FIS at any point. You can also see in your virtual radar during flight, and in the Radio tab.
Christian92
C
Junior Member (17 reputation)Junior Member (17 reputation)Junior Member (17 reputation)Junior Member (17 reputation)Junior Member (17 reputation)Junior Member (17 reputation)Junior Member (17 reputation)Junior Member (17 reputation)Junior Member (17 reputation)
Tim Dawson - 7/15/2019 10:27:33 AM
They are all in the map database and if you press and hold on the map, you'll see the appropriate units to contact for an FIS at any point. You can also see in your virtual radar during flight, and in the Radio tab.

Thank you for your help about how to see appropriate FIS units. Very useful and easy.
Last question : could i see the FIS aeras on my map?

Tim Dawson
Tim Dawson
SkyDemon Team (623K reputation)SkyDemon Team (623K reputation)SkyDemon Team (623K reputation)SkyDemon Team (623K reputation)SkyDemon Team (623K reputation)SkyDemon Team (623K reputation)SkyDemon Team (623K reputation)SkyDemon Team (623K reputation)SkyDemon Team (623K reputation)
There's no way to have them turned on all the time (they clutter the map too much) but their outlines do appear briefly whenever you press and hold on the map to view FIS frequencies.
Christian92
C
Tim Dawson - 7/17/2019 9:51:58 AM
There's no way to have them turned on all the time (they clutter the map too much) but their outlines do appear briefly whenever you press and hold on the map to view FIS frequencies.

Thanks a lot Tim for your reply. That works fine.
If I might make a suggestion, may be it would be better to propose FIS areas rather than FIR (in menu Mapping/Airspace). FIR are only administrative areas while we're in contact with the FIS throughout our navigation flights.

Tim Dawson
Tim Dawson
I've occasionally toyed with the idea of briefing showing FIS sector outlines while the Radio tab is open, as they're a radio-related entity. What do you think of that idea?
Christian92
C
Tim Dawson - 7/25/2019 9:34:58 AM
I've occasionally toyed with the idea of briefing showing FIS sector outlines while the Radio tab is open, as they're a radio-related entity. What do you think of that idea?

Why not? I'd like to see that.
Except that there is not much place to see the map below the radio tab while it is open on my mobile phone!
Ok, I will buy a tablet right away... ;-)

rreckel
r
Forum Newbie (9 reputation)Forum Newbie (9 reputation)Forum Newbie (9 reputation)Forum Newbie (9 reputation)Forum Newbie (9 reputation)Forum Newbie (9 reputation)Forum Newbie (9 reputation)Forum Newbie (9 reputation)Forum Newbie (9 reputation)
Hi,

I would also like to see the different SIV areas on the map.
This would be especially useful in the south of France.
But there should also be a possibility to turn them off again, because they do clutter the map a lot.
Perhaps a new switch in the airspace configuration could be a solution?

As all the data is already in the database, this should be possible, or am I mistaken.

Thank you
Roland

GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Login

Explore
Search