Important: These forums are for discussions between SkyDemon users. They are not routinely monitored by SkyDemon staff so any urgent issues should be sent directly to our Customer Support.

Properties DR400

Author
N
Too Much Forum (139 reputation)Too Much Forum (139 reputation)Too Much Forum (139 reputation)Too Much Forum (139 reputation)Too Much Forum (139 reputation)Too Much Forum (139 reputation)Too Much Forum (139 reputation)Too Much Forum (139 reputation)Too Much Forum (139 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Hello,
Please excuse this Google translation.

I created a profile for a DR 400. Prepared a flight plan and I have a result of weight and balance in the limits.
However my polygon shows the following drawing:
Click on the picture ;-)

Do you have an idea?
Edited 5/26/2019 5:57:51 PM by Nino
Tim Dawson
Tim Dawson
SkyDemon Team (620K reputation)SkyDemon Team (620K reputation)SkyDemon Team (620K reputation)SkyDemon Team (620K reputation)SkyDemon Team (620K reputation)SkyDemon Team (620K reputation)SkyDemon Team (620K reputation)SkyDemon Team (620K reputation)SkyDemon Team (620K reputation)
Sorry, what's the problem?
Nino
N
Too Much Forum (139 reputation)Too Much Forum (139 reputation)Too Much Forum (139 reputation)Too Much Forum (139 reputation)Too Much Forum (139 reputation)Too Much Forum (139 reputation)Too Much Forum (139 reputation)Too Much Forum (139 reputation)Too Much Forum (139 reputation)
Hi!
Here is what gives a quote of weight and balance done manually.

In green take-off weight and centering. In red the weight with zero fuel.
Everything is inside the polygon. Why in the quote of the software, the marks exceed the polygon?
Thank you so much
bkj5
b
Too Much Forum (60 reputation)Too Much Forum (60 reputation)Too Much Forum (60 reputation)Too Much Forum (60 reputation)Too Much Forum (60 reputation)Too Much Forum (60 reputation)Too Much Forum (60 reputation)Too Much Forum (60 reputation)Too Much Forum (60 reputation)
The green arrow is full fuel and you haven´t filled up. What surprises me more is that your actual Take off - "X" is not on the yellow line!

Edited 5/29/2019 6:56:41 AM by bkj5
Tim Dawson
Tim Dawson
SkyDemon Team (620K reputation)SkyDemon Team (620K reputation)SkyDemon Team (620K reputation)SkyDemon Team (620K reputation)SkyDemon Team (620K reputation)SkyDemon Team (620K reputation)SkyDemon Team (620K reputation)SkyDemon Team (620K reputation)SkyDemon Team (620K reputation)
Either your manual calculations are wrong or the input figures you've used to describe the aircraft profile are wrong. You can see the calculations in SkyDemon, so it shouldn't be hard to determine which is which.

In the case of aircraft with multiple fuel tanks, SkyDemon cannot know how you intend to use the fuel enroute or which tanks are supposed to be used in the normal course of events, so the full-to-empty line may not be relevant output in those cases.

Nino
N
Sorry but I do not understand.

DR 400 Regent, 180 HP. A main tank, an additional tank, 2 tanks in the wings. Doesn't matter , I will continue to do the estimate of mass and centering by hand.
Gerhard66
G
Too Much Forum (4.9K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.9K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.9K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.9K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.9K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.9K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.9K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.9K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.9K reputation)
I guess you are confused by the green dot outside the envelope.
This dot shows the theoretical situation if you would have filled up all fuel tanks to the top.

We are using SD on some different types of aircraft and I can confirm the calculations of SD to be correct if the input data are correct.

Hope this helps
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Login

Explore
Search