Important: These forums are for discussions between SkyDemon users. They are not routinely monitored by SkyDemon staff so any urgent issues should be sent directly to our Customer Support.

Anybody testet the new feature "fly-through in Google Earth"

Author
GeKaiser
Too Much Forum (6.7K reputation)Too Much Forum (6.7K reputation)Too Much Forum (6.7K reputation)Too Much Forum (6.7K reputation)Too Much Forum (6.7K reputation)Too Much Forum (6.7K reputation)Too Much Forum (6.7K reputation)Too Much Forum (6.7K reputation)Too Much Forum (6.7K reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Anybody testet the new PC featurer (as of Ver 3.12.5)?
"You can now save a route in KML format, allowing for viewing the magenta line and 3D virtual fly-throughs in Google Earth (PC)"

Export to KML worked fine, my route appeared in the "my locations" section of GE , the programm zoomed into the area of my flight and klicking on "Route Fly-Through" brought me to my planned airport of departure.

But thats it:
- Nothing happend when klicking on PLAY
- No Magenta Line in the overview

Any idea?

Cheers
Georg

Tim Dawson
Tim Dawson
SkyDemon Team (623K reputation)SkyDemon Team (623K reputation)SkyDemon Team (623K reputation)SkyDemon Team (623K reputation)SkyDemon Team (623K reputation)SkyDemon Team (623K reputation)SkyDemon Team (623K reputation)SkyDemon Team (623K reputation)SkyDemon Team (623K reputation)
Yes, we have tested it extensively. If you can reliably reproduce a situation where the fly-through doesn't work, or the magenta line isn't visible, talk to our customer support so they can see if we can reproduce it here too.
EHOW flyer
EHOW flyer
Too Much Forum (3.9K reputation)Too Much Forum (3.9K reputation)Too Much Forum (3.9K reputation)Too Much Forum (3.9K reputation)Too Much Forum (3.9K reputation)Too Much Forum (3.9K reputation)Too Much Forum (3.9K reputation)Too Much Forum (3.9K reputation)Too Much Forum (3.9K reputation)
Same situation here...
Only the starting runway in sight, on clicking the start button ( > ) only one second will be replayed.

Edited 5/7/2019 4:07:25 PM by EHOW flyer
b3nn0
b
Too Much Forum (228 reputation)Too Much Forum (228 reputation)Too Much Forum (228 reputation)Too Much Forum (228 reputation)Too Much Forum (228 reputation)Too Much Forum (228 reputation)Too Much Forum (228 reputation)Too Much Forum (228 reputation)Too Much Forum (228 reputation)
Exactly the same here, no matter if it's an old flight log recorded with previous versions, or a current one with the latest version.

Rogerthedodger
R
Too Much Forum (932 reputation)Too Much Forum (932 reputation)Too Much Forum (932 reputation)Too Much Forum (932 reputation)Too Much Forum (932 reputation)Too Much Forum (932 reputation)Too Much Forum (932 reputation)Too Much Forum (932 reputation)Too Much Forum (932 reputation)
Working fine for me. Double clicked the route fly-through in Google Earth and then used the playback controls to fast forward etc.
Tim Dawson
Tim Dawson
SkyDemon Team (623K reputation)SkyDemon Team (623K reputation)SkyDemon Team (623K reputation)SkyDemon Team (623K reputation)SkyDemon Team (623K reputation)SkyDemon Team (623K reputation)SkyDemon Team (623K reputation)SkyDemon Team (623K reputation)SkyDemon Team (623K reputation)
Some of you are talking about producing a fly-through of a planned route, and some of you are talking about producing a fly-through of a track log.
b3nn0
b
Too Much Forum (228 reputation)Too Much Forum (228 reputation)Too Much Forum (228 reputation)Too Much Forum (228 reputation)Too Much Forum (228 reputation)Too Much Forum (228 reputation)Too Much Forum (228 reputation)Too Much Forum (228 reputation)Too Much Forum (228 reputation)
I just tried both for me. Both do not work.
For a planned route, the fly-through does nothing. You are most likely writing some values with the current system locale.
For some countries, this means that there is a decimal comma instead of point. However, KML expects a point. This affects the gx:duration tag in KML (24,19 instead of 24.19). Replacing these commas with points makes the fly-through work:
        <gx:FlyTo>
<gx:duration>24,19</gx:duration>
<gx:flyToMode>smooth</gx:flyToMode>
<Camera>
<longitude>-2.0356</longitude>
<latitude>46.6632</latitude>
<altitude>1012</altitude>
<heading>130</heading>
<tilt>80</tilt>
<altitudeMode>absolute</altitudeMode>
</Camera>
</gx:FlyTo>
<gx:duration>24,19</gx:duration>
<Camera>
<longitude>-2.0173</longitude>
<latitude>46.6527</latitude>
<altitude>1012</altitude>
<heading>130</heading>
<tilt>80</tilt>
</Camera>

When trying to do a fly-through for a past flight, a kmz is generated. When viewing that,
there is only one gx:duration tag overall - in the first gx:FlyTo section. Later FlyTo sections do not contain a gx:duration tag at all. Therefore the one second route that someone else mentioned earlier.
    <gx:Tour>
        <name>Track Log Fly-Through</name>
        <gx:Playlist>
                <gx:duration>1</gx:duration>
                <Camera>
                    <longitude>10.2794</longitude>
                    <latitude>48.4853</latitude>
                    <altitude>441</altitude>
                    <heading>180</heading>
                    <tilt>80</tilt>
                    <roll>0</roll>
                </Camera>
                <Camera>
                    <longitude>10.2816</longitude>
                    <latitude>48.486</latitude>
                    <altitude>447</altitude>
                    <heading>60</heading>
                    <tilt>80</tilt>
                    <roll>0</roll>
                </Camera>

Thank you for fixing this.

Edited 5/8/2019 2:33:38 PM by b3nn0
Tim Dawson
Tim Dawson
Thanks, we have identified the locale issue for the Duration tag and fixed it ready for the next version.

We cannot, however, reproduce the lack of Duration tag altogether. Have you tried contacting customer support and sending the log/route you are trying to use with the functionality? They can see if they can reproduce it, and send you the output to see if it differs from yours.

NoDoc
N
Too Much Forum (203 reputation)Too Much Forum (203 reputation)Too Much Forum (203 reputation)Too Much Forum (203 reputation)Too Much Forum (203 reputation)Too Much Forum (203 reputation)Too Much Forum (203 reputation)Too Much Forum (203 reputation)Too Much Forum (203 reputation)
PROBLEM SOLVED, SEE UPDATE.

Trying to save a planned route as KML-File I get an error message:

"Der Objektverweis wurde nicht auf eine Objektinstanz festgelegt"
In English something like "The object reference was not set to an object instance"
Any clues what that means?

THX Michael

UPDATE: If I save the planned route first as a planned route, then opened it and saved it as KML, everything works fine. 

Edited 5/9/2019 8:07:39 AM by NoDoc
Tim Dawson
Tim Dawson
Michael, could you help us to reproduce the original problem you were having please? We need to fix it even if you've found a workaround. I just tried planning a route and saving straight as a KML but I found no problem. How do I see the problem?
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Login

Explore
Search