Important: These forums are for discussions between SkyDemon users. They are not routinely monitored by SkyDemon staff so any urgent issues should be sent directly to our Customer Support.

Missing FMC (Frequency Monitoring Codes) Areas - Italy

Author
c
Forum Member (38 reputation)Forum Member (38 reputation)Forum Member (38 reputation)Forum Member (38 reputation)Forum Member (38 reputation)Forum Member (38 reputation)Forum Member (38 reputation)Forum Member (38 reputation)Forum Member (38 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Dear All,

North of Italy, on the Alps, Milano FIS may be not reachable (poor radio coverage).

Consequently, alternate frequencies were set up, and squaw codes are to be set on the aircraft, below any controled area ceiling in those areas. For instance, 126,750 Mhz and squaw 4612 for "Milano North FMC Area".

I was not able to get this information with Sky Demon.

Why ? How to be sure I'am not missing some others informations somewhere else ?

Thanks for information.

Bertrand.

Edited 5/1/2019 8:04:28 AM by clergeot
Tim Dawson
Tim Dawson
SkyDemon Team (620K reputation)SkyDemon Team (620K reputation)SkyDemon Team (620K reputation)SkyDemon Team (620K reputation)SkyDemon Team (620K reputation)SkyDemon Team (620K reputation)SkyDemon Team (620K reputation)SkyDemon Team (620K reputation)SkyDemon Team (620K reputation)
I will ask my colleague who deals with Italian data to look into this.
clergeot
c
Forum Member (38 reputation)Forum Member (38 reputation)Forum Member (38 reputation)Forum Member (38 reputation)Forum Member (38 reputation)Forum Member (38 reputation)Forum Member (38 reputation)Forum Member (38 reputation)Forum Member (38 reputation)
Tim Dawson - 5/1/2019 10:04:28 AM
I will ask my colleague who deals with Italian data to look into this.

Hello, did you get any information ? 
Missing data is somehow related to safety, it should appeal quick feed-back ?

Please refer to official ENR 6-4.1 : those areas with relevant information must be dispayed, or at least a warning with Frequencies and Squawk codes must we displayed somehow to the pilot on preparation.

Thanks.

Bertrand.

Edited 5/3/2019 5:58:02 AM by clergeot
Tim Dawson
Tim Dawson
SkyDemon Team (620K reputation)SkyDemon Team (620K reputation)SkyDemon Team (620K reputation)SkyDemon Team (620K reputation)SkyDemon Team (620K reputation)SkyDemon Team (620K reputation)SkyDemon Team (620K reputation)SkyDemon Team (620K reputation)SkyDemon Team (620K reputation)
My colleague will not be able to look into this until probably the middle of next week.

I just checked, and it appears we have those FMCs in SkyDemon already. Perhaps you were just expecting to see them on the map, which we do not do? Plan a route in the affected area and you should see them in your Pilot Log. In addition, while flying, you can see them when you open the Radio tab.

clergeot
c
Tim Dawson - 5/3/2019 9:35:21 AM
My colleague will not be able to look into this until probably the middle of next week.

I just checked, and it appears we have those FMCs in SkyDemon already. Perhaps you were just expecting to see them on the map, which we do not do? Plan a route in the affected area and you should see them in your Pilot Log. In addition, while flying, you can see them when you open the Radio tab.

Hello, Thank you for your reply : what you mentionned is perfectly true and clear, I did not knew it. It is also very positive to know that at least for this topic there is no missing data.
Nevertheless, During my flight preparation, I was unable to identify this information (that I knew and took from other sources), demonstrating that it may be possible to miss it. My suggestion would be to make it avaible in the "What's here" pop up menu, since this "tool" is a very frequent and common mean of preparing and check airspaces to be crossed.

zerocode65
z
Forum Newbie (3 reputation)Forum Newbie (3 reputation)Forum Newbie (3 reputation)Forum Newbie (3 reputation)Forum Newbie (3 reputation)Forum Newbie (3 reputation)Forum Newbie (3 reputation)Forum Newbie (3 reputation)Forum Newbie (3 reputation)
I would like to join clergeot, to request to get back FMC codes on maps, as cursor stops by, as it was before.
It's a pity to search in-flight information about FMC now.
It was so fine before, I don't really know why you took off this so important information from the map.

Massimo Belloni
Massimo Belloni
Too Much Forum (745 reputation)Too Much Forum (745 reputation)Too Much Forum (745 reputation)Too Much Forum (745 reputation)Too Much Forum (745 reputation)Too Much Forum (745 reputation)Too Much Forum (745 reputation)Too Much Forum (745 reputation)Too Much Forum (745 reputation)
Yes, I agree to include FMC indicatin on "What's there". It is not easy to manage such information in flight.

Massimo Belloni

rv8ch
rv8ch
Too Much Forum (156 reputation)Too Much Forum (156 reputation)Too Much Forum (156 reputation)Too Much Forum (156 reputation)Too Much Forum (156 reputation)Too Much Forum (156 reputation)Too Much Forum (156 reputation)Too Much Forum (156 reputation)Too Much Forum (156 reputation)
Massimo Belloni - 6/11/2022 10:59:29 PM
Yes, I agree to include FMC indicatin on "What's there". It is not easy to manage such information in flight.

I could be wrong, but I think I saw a "listening squawk" in the profile view, with both frequency and transponder code recently...

Tim Dawson
Tim Dawson
These were hidden from the map in our latest chart update, erroneously. They will be restored this week.
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Login

Explore
Search