Important: These forums are for discussions between SkyDemon users. They are not routinely monitored by SkyDemon staff so any urgent issues should be sent directly to our Customer Support.

Navigation with no planned route

Author
T
Forum Newbie (8 reputation)Forum Newbie (8 reputation)Forum Newbie (8 reputation)Forum Newbie (8 reputation)Forum Newbie (8 reputation)Forum Newbie (8 reputation)Forum Newbie (8 reputation)Forum Newbie (8 reputation)Forum Newbie (8 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Hi

Is there an option to navigate with no planning a route? I mean something as car navigation as google map - you drive and move on the map.

I'm asking about this option because I consider using SD as backup to standard navigation with classic charts. I could navigate with classic charts and in every momment see my position on SD.

Edited 4/24/2019 10:03:29 AM by T17
Tim Dawson
Tim Dawson
SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)
There's no requirement to plan a route. You can just go flying, and the map will follow you along, and you'll still get warnings about airspace etc.
T17
T
Forum Newbie (8 reputation)Forum Newbie (8 reputation)Forum Newbie (8 reputation)Forum Newbie (8 reputation)Forum Newbie (8 reputation)Forum Newbie (8 reputation)Forum Newbie (8 reputation)Forum Newbie (8 reputation)Forum Newbie (8 reputation)
Thanks a lot for your reply.

Will these warnings be to all airspaces or only to active zones as TRA and TSA? Does SD automatically download NOTAMs before flight when is connected to the Internet?
Tim Dawson
Tim Dawson
SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)
Any airspace you are about to fly in to, and for which warnings are turned on. You can check in your Navigation Options. You will already have NOTAMs downloaded if connected to the internet, yes.
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Login

Explore
Search