Important: These forums are for discussions between SkyDemon users. They are not routinely monitored by SkyDemon staff so any urgent issues should be sent directly to our Customer Support.

Storing a position in flight

Author
BobT
Too Much Forum (370 reputation)Too Much Forum (370 reputation)Too Much Forum (370 reputation)Too Much Forum (370 reputation)Too Much Forum (370 reputation)Too Much Forum (370 reputation)Too Much Forum (370 reputation)Too Much Forum (370 reputation)Too Much Forum (370 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
I may have missed this in the manual but often I am passing a point of interest that I would like to find again without having to write down my position.
Would it be [or is it already] possible to have a single screen push to store that position to user waypoints?
I remember I had that facility on my old Skyforce device. It was incredibly useful.
Just wishing!

Sky Painter
Sky Painter
Too Much Forum (49K reputation)Too Much Forum (49K reputation)Too Much Forum (49K reputation)Too Much Forum (49K reputation)Too Much Forum (49K reputation)Too Much Forum (49K reputation)Too Much Forum (49K reputation)Too Much Forum (49K reputation)Too Much Forum (49K reputation)
BobT - 4/17/2019 7:37:37 PM
I may have missed this in the manual but often I am passing a point of interest that I would like to find again without having to write down my position.
Would it be [or is it already] possible to have a single screen push to store that position to user waypoints?
I remember I had that facility on my old Skyforce device. It was incredibly useful.
Just wishing!

Tap and hold (long press) to bring up the What's Here dialogue then tap on Create Waypoint Here.

Mike
, SD 3.16.12.0

BobT
BobT
Too Much Forum (370 reputation)Too Much Forum (370 reputation)Too Much Forum (370 reputation)Too Much Forum (370 reputation)Too Much Forum (370 reputation)Too Much Forum (370 reputation)Too Much Forum (370 reputation)Too Much Forum (370 reputation)Too Much Forum (370 reputation)
Sky Painter - 4/18/2019 10:10:22 AM
BobT - 4/17/2019 7:37:37 PM
Just wishing!

Tap and hold (long press) to bring up the What's Here dialogue then tap on Create Waypoint Here.

My fingertip is several miles wide at 500k!
I'd have to zoom to get anything useful.
Too many actions required while in flight.

Tim Dawson
Tim Dawson
SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)
The trouble is, everyone would like a button that does that "one simple thing" they think they need while in flight, and those things are all different.

You can go into Setup, Waypoints and add a new one at your current position while in flight. But it's always going to be a few button presses, not just one, I'm afraid.

BobT
BobT
Tim Dawson - 4/24/2019 10:19:53 AM
The trouble is, everyone would like a button that does that "one simple thing" they think they need while in flight, and those things are all different.

You can go into Setup, Waypoints and add a new one at your current position while in flight. But it's always going to be a few button presses, not just one, I'm afraid.

Thanks Tim
That's what I'm looking for!.
 I've tried it at my desk on my phone [ which is my secondary display in flight] and it will give me the accuracy I'm seeking - I can change the name later.
The What's here press is a very vague tool if there's nothing on the map at that position!
Cheers
Bob

Gerhard66
G
Too Much Forum (4.9K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.9K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.9K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.9K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.9K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.9K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.9K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.9K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.9K reputation)
Hi Tim,
how about tapping or long-tapping the aircraft symbol in flight to create and store a new waypoint at present position?
I found myself trying this in flight, but this quite intuitive feature was not yet implemented.
Looking forward to find this in a future release... :-)
Gerhard

GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Login

Explore
Search