Important: These forums are for discussions between SkyDemon users. They are not routinely monitored by SkyDemon staff so any urgent issues should be sent directly to our Customer Support.

Completely Wrong Altitude for Destination?

Author
airborne
Too Much Forum (182 reputation)Too Much Forum (182 reputation)Too Much Forum (182 reputation)Too Much Forum (182 reputation)Too Much Forum (182 reputation)Too Much Forum (182 reputation)Too Much Forum (182 reputation)Too Much Forum (182 reputation)Too Much Forum (182 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
For a planned flight, the Pilot Log showed an altitude of 11'600 ft for the destination LSZF. The actual airfield altitude is 1'300 ft and I have found no way to change the altitude in the Pilot Log. I have also no idea where these 11'600 ft are coming from.

What could I have done wrong?

(Please ignore the red minimum safe altitudes, I should probably turn them off or change the settings. They altitudes shown are actually safe for flying.)

grahamb
grahamb
Too Much Forum (4.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.3K reputation)
I suggest that you have set the actual altitude for that leg to 11600', it's just that the leg is very short and its depiction in the virtual radar view is overridden by the need to descend from the lower altitude of the previous leg to the ground.

If you touch that leg on the chart to pop-up the leg information window, what altitude do you see at the top? Change it to something sensible and the PLOG will reflect that.

Edited 3/30/2019 10:11:18 AM by grahamb
Tim Dawson
Tim Dawson
SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)
There are sections in the manual for how to change the planned level for any leg of your route. If you have any problems doing this, please contact customer support by email or telephone and they can talk you through it.
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Login

Explore
Search