Important: These forums are for discussions between SkyDemon users. They are not routinely monitored by SkyDemon staff so any urgent issues should be sent directly to our Customer Support.

Screen rendering issue on mobile device - ground speed obscured

Author
D
Forum Newbie (6 reputation)Forum Newbie (6 reputation)Forum Newbie (6 reputation)Forum Newbie (6 reputation)Forum Newbie (6 reputation)Forum Newbie (6 reputation)Forum Newbie (6 reputation)Forum Newbie (6 reputation)Forum Newbie (6 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Hi all,

I've enquired of the locals at the airfield as well as had a search for solutions to this but to no avail.

The short story is that I recently upgraded my phone from a Sony Xperia compact to an Xperia XZ1. Now the new phone has a larger screen so I wasn't expecting any resolution issues, but the SkyDemon icon for the menu obscures the ground speed indication as per this screen shot:

I can't find anything in the application configuration allowing me to reduce the screen resolution, nor in Android itself. SkyDemon appears to be the only app I use which is affected. It's kind of frustrating as ground speed is something I'm normally always keeping an eye on.

Would anyone have any suggestions as to how to resolve this please?

Many thanks,

Darren

Edited 11/25/2018 11:01:03 AM by DarrenL
b3nn0
b
Too Much Forum (210 reputation)Too Much Forum (210 reputation)Too Much Forum (210 reputation)Too Much Forum (210 reputation)Too Much Forum (210 reputation)Too Much Forum (210 reputation)Too Much Forum (210 reputation)Too Much Forum (210 reputation)Too Much Forum (210 reputation)
This is something that I noticed aswell when upgrading from my old Huawei device to a new Nokia device. The new device has a larger screen and a higher resolution. However, UI elements are drawn bigger, so parts of the UI are obstructed. Would be nice if I was able to reduce the font size slightly to fix that.

MikeTwoOne
MikeTwoOne
Too Much Forum (17K reputation)Too Much Forum (17K reputation)Too Much Forum (17K reputation)Too Much Forum (17K reputation)Too Much Forum (17K reputation)Too Much Forum (17K reputation)Too Much Forum (17K reputation)Too Much Forum (17K reputation)Too Much Forum (17K reputation)
You can choose the instrument size in the options. This should fix this.
Tim Dawson
Tim Dawson
SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)
Or you might consider not attempting to show so many instruments. If your screen isn't big enough to show all the instruments, then showing fewer of them will ensure it doesn't become too cluttered.
Tony N
Tony N
Too Much Forum (17K reputation)Too Much Forum (17K reputation)Too Much Forum (17K reputation)Too Much Forum (17K reputation)Too Much Forum (17K reputation)Too Much Forum (17K reputation)Too Much Forum (17K reputation)Too Much Forum (17K reputation)Too Much Forum (17K reputation)
I have/had this problem with my Samsung S8 smartphone.
I only display four "instruments" on my phone.
Tony

DarrenL
D
Forum Newbie (6 reputation)Forum Newbie (6 reputation)Forum Newbie (6 reputation)Forum Newbie (6 reputation)Forum Newbie (6 reputation)Forum Newbie (6 reputation)Forum Newbie (6 reputation)Forum Newbie (6 reputation)Forum Newbie (6 reputation)

Thanks all for the suggestions. Losing an instrument does help, though I'd prefer to keep them all. I had exactly the same instruments active on my old Sony which had a smaller screen without the Skydemon logo menu button obscuring anything (that button was further down the screen).

Another thing that helped is that I noticed that I can change the instrument text size within a range or -0.8 to +1.4 with the lower end of the range almost making the instruments visible. Perhaps in a future release it might be possible to extend that range?

Cheers

Edited 12/5/2018 1:49:55 PM by DarrenL
DarrenL
D
This appears to be fixed in the latest version, so thanks very much for that!

GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Login

Explore
Search