Important: These forums are for discussions between SkyDemon users. They are not routinely monitored by SkyDemon staff so any urgent issues should be sent directly to our Customer Support.

Approach tools on top of VAC/plates

Author
s
Too Much Forum (1.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.2K reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Hi there

Love to see, that Swiss circuits are finding their way into SD. I love to have that, especially in combination with the new approach tools, where one can choose the joining point for the approach. My question is now: What do you think about adding the possibility to choose the layer of the VAC. Now the VAC covers everything below, including the circuits. It would be nice to have them on top of the plate to use the new option.

Standing by for feedback to my suggestion.
Best regards
Chris
Tim Dawson
Tim Dawson
SkyDemon Team (618K reputation)SkyDemon Team (618K reputation)SkyDemon Team (618K reputation)SkyDemon Team (618K reputation)SkyDemon Team (618K reputation)SkyDemon Team (618K reputation)SkyDemon Team (618K reputation)SkyDemon Team (618K reputation)SkyDemon Team (618K reputation)
Is it not the case that once you have chosen a circuit/approach, that is drawn on top of the VAC?
spaltchr
s
Too Much Forum (1.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.2K reputation)

Approach is chosen, VAC not yet displayed. As soon as i switch to the plate, the approach disappears below the plate:

Only the joining plus the opposite area remains on top. I would prefer the approach lines to stay on top of the VAC.
Regards
Chris
Tim Dawson
Tim Dawson
SkyDemon Team (618K reputation)SkyDemon Team (618K reputation)SkyDemon Team (618K reputation)SkyDemon Team (618K reputation)SkyDemon Team (618K reputation)SkyDemon Team (618K reputation)SkyDemon Team (618K reputation)SkyDemon Team (618K reputation)SkyDemon Team (618K reputation)
Thanks, we'll take this into consideration. I think some people prefer it the way it currently works, where the assumption is that the VAC will contains more local detail and information than our own diagram.
pilot-byom
p
Too Much Forum (985 reputation)Too Much Forum (985 reputation)Too Much Forum (985 reputation)Too Much Forum (985 reputation)Too Much Forum (985 reputation)Too Much Forum (985 reputation)Too Much Forum (985 reputation)Too Much Forum (985 reputation)Too Much Forum (985 reputation)
Why not steal ideas from the competition and add a slider for translucency for overlays?
Tim Dawson
Tim Dawson
Because we think that's a really bad idea. We tried it, years ago when we first started doing georeferenced places. The result is that you can't see either layer properly.
spaltchr
s
Yes maybe some like it the way it is. That‘s why I suggested the possibility to have a choice as a user. Would be great to have both options.
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Login

Explore
Search