Important: These forums are for discussions between SkyDemon users. They are not routinely monitored by SkyDemon staff so any urgent issues should be sent directly to our Customer Support.

Hobbs meter recording dialogue

Author
Flint
Too Much Forum (194 reputation)Too Much Forum (194 reputation)Too Much Forum (194 reputation)Too Much Forum (194 reputation)Too Much Forum (194 reputation)Too Much Forum (194 reputation)Too Much Forum (194 reputation)Too Much Forum (194 reputation)Too Much Forum (194 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Hi,

As I charter my airplanes for flying I have to take record of two HOBBS meter after each flight before shutting down the engine: the airplane's engine hours and time airborne. Currently I use some paper to make notes or the scratchpad in Skydemon (iPad). This could be realized more comfy in my opinion.

I would appreciate some form fields to type-in these values in the app's navigation (flying) mode, for example a dialogue asking for that after registering on-block. It would be great if SD would store these values with the flight in the log.

Maybe it would be a great idea if this could be configured for each aircraft in individually in the aircraft config (aircraft library), which and how many counters are required to be recorded.

If there is already a solution available for this, please let me know.

Best wishes,
Alex

Best wishes,
Alex

Tim Dawson
Tim Dawson
SkyDemon Team (617K reputation)SkyDemon Team (617K reputation)SkyDemon Team (617K reputation)SkyDemon Team (617K reputation)SkyDemon Team (617K reputation)SkyDemon Team (617K reputation)SkyDemon Team (617K reputation)SkyDemon Team (617K reputation)SkyDemon Team (617K reputation)
Hi Alex, you can record any textual data into your flying log once you've logged the engine start. So just use the Logging menu in flight to add hobbs readings or anything else. After your flight you can review these, including the exact time and position they were recorded.
ArnaudC
A
Too Much Forum (1.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.3K reputation)
This could also be solved with a sort of a timer, where the trigger is not "every x minutes" but "upon on-block".
I would certainly put a "log tach time" event upon on-block, I have stopped counting the number of times I have had to walk back to the plane when filling the books.

So I guess the follow-up question is: is it possible to add "SkyDemon events" triggers rather than pure time-base to the timers? Maybe rename it "reminders", and some sort of drop-down selector for time-based or event-based.

GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Login

Explore
Search