Important: These forums are for discussions between SkyDemon users. They are not routinely monitored by SkyDemon staff so any urgent issues should be sent directly to our Customer Support.

approach plates

Author
G
Junior Member (13 reputation)Junior Member (13 reputation)Junior Member (13 reputation)Junior Member (13 reputation)Junior Member (13 reputation)Junior Member (13 reputation)Junior Member (13 reputation)Junior Member (13 reputation)Junior Member (13 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
How can I view a approach plate for an airport. I am interested in getting gluide slope information
Sky Painter
Sky Painter
Too Much Forum (49K reputation)Too Much Forum (49K reputation)Too Much Forum (49K reputation)Too Much Forum (49K reputation)Too Much Forum (49K reputation)Too Much Forum (49K reputation)Too Much Forum (49K reputation)Too Much Forum (49K reputation)Too Much Forum (49K reputation)
Gwhaarmann - 12/30/2018 9:30:53 PM
How can I view a approach plate for an airport. I am interested in getting gluide slope information

Assuming that you have already downloaded the appropriate AIP:-

On PC – Right click on the the airfield, click on the airfield name and then on Find Plates. Scroll down the list of plates until you find the one you want and then double click on it.

On tablet – Tap and hold (long tap) on the airfield to bring up the What's Here menu. Tap on Information and scroll down the list of plates until you find the one you want and then tap on it.

Mike
, SD 3.16.12.0

Gwhaarmann
G
Junior Member (13 reputation)Junior Member (13 reputation)Junior Member (13 reputation)Junior Member (13 reputation)Junior Member (13 reputation)Junior Member (13 reputation)Junior Member (13 reputation)Junior Member (13 reputation)Junior Member (13 reputation)
Sky Painter - 12/31/2018 12:05:19 PM

On PC – Right click on the the airfield, click on the airfield name and then on Find Plates. Scroll down the list of plates until you find the one you want and then double click on it.

On tablet – Tap and hold (long tap) on the airfield to bring up the What's Here menu. Tap on Information and scroll down the list of plates until you find the one you want and then tap on it.

Gwhaarmann
G
Sky Painter - 12/31/2018 12:05:19 PM

Thank you Mike. Please have patience with a "newbie". On a PC. I have the route and Destination airport. Eventually I get "Find Plates", however it doesnt open. BTW I DONT get the tab selection on right side of map.

Sky Painter
Sky Painter
Too Much Forum (49K reputation)Too Much Forum (49K reputation)Too Much Forum (49K reputation)Too Much Forum (49K reputation)Too Much Forum (49K reputation)Too Much Forum (49K reputation)Too Much Forum (49K reputation)Too Much Forum (49K reputation)Too Much Forum (49K reputation)

I recommend you download the SD Manual here (click on the 'SkyDemon User Manual' link) and read from page 46. The manual is updated after each software update, so it's worth keeping an eye on this to make sure that you always have the latest version downloaded.

You DO NOT need to have a route plotted. On your PC, having right clicked on the airfield of interest on the chart, you only have to hover the mouse pointer over the airfield name in the list that appears in order to open another list of options, of which one such option is Find Plates. Click on this option and a list of available plates will appear under the Airfields Tab at the bottom right-hand corner of the screen (assuming that you've downloaded them already).

I DONT get the tab selection on right side of map.
I think you may be referring to the tabs on your tablet. Is this correct? If so, just tap on a tab to undock it. Tap it again to re-dock it, or tap the back button. These tabs will only populate once you have planned a route.

I hope this helps, but please don't hesitate to come back to me if you need further assistance.

Mike
, SD 3.16.12.0

Edited 12/31/2018 4:15:48 PM by Sky Painter
Gwhaarmann
G
Sky Painter - 12/31/2018 4:13:10 PM

I recommend you download the SD Manual here (click on the 'SkyDemon User Manual' link) and read from page 46. The manual is updated after each software update, so it's worth keeping an eye on this to make sure that you always have the latest version downloaded.

You DO NOT need to have a route plotted. On your PC, having right clicked on the airfield of interest on the chart, you only have to hover the mouse pointer over the airfield name in the list that appears in order to open another list of options, of which one such option is Find Plates. Click on this option and a list of available plates will appear under the Airfields Tab at the bottom right-hand corner of the screen (assuming that you've downloaded them already).

[quote]I DONT get the tab selection on right side of map.
I think you may be referring to the tabs on your tablet. Is this correct? If so, just tap on a tab to undock it. Tap it again to re-dock it, or tap the back button. These tabs will only populate once you have planned a route.

I hope this helps, but please don't hesitate to come back to me if you need further assista

Gwhaarmann
G

I hope this helps, but please don't hesitate to come back to me if you need further assistance.

Thanks Mike. I did not know a manual was available. I DID download but cannot locate any info on downloading airfield plates. When I select airfiels and find plates on lower right I get a no info available msg. You seem to indicate that these have to be down loaded. PLEASE    HOW??

Sky Painter
Sky Painter
Gwhaarmann - 12/31/2018 5:20:58 PM

Thanks Mike. I did not know a manual was available. I DID download but cannot locate any info on downloading airfield plates. When I select airfiels and find plates on lower right I get a no info available msg. You seem to indicate that these have to be down loaded. PLEASE    HOW??

Yes, plates have to be downloaded. First of all, make sure that you have downloaded the chart for the country whose AIP you wish to download (airfield plates are part of each country's AIP). Then, on PC, bottom right of screen, make sure that the Airfields tab is selected and click on the download button (top right of Airfields tab) and hover the mouse pointer over Download AIP. A list of loaded charts will appear. Slide the mouse pointer over the country whose AIP you wish to download and click. The selected AIP will now be downloaded. If you have more than one chart loaded, you have the option of downloading ALL the AIP's in one go if you wish.

Good luck and let me know how you get on. 

Mike
, SD 3.16.12.0

Gwhaarmann
G
Sky Painter - 12/31/2018 8:06:41 PM
Gwhaarmann - 12/31/2018 5:20:58 PM

Yes, plates have to be downloaded. First of all, make sure that you have downloaded the chart for the country whose AIP you wish to download (airfield plates are part of each country's AIP). Then, on PC, bottom right of screen, make sure that the Airfields tab is selected and click on the download button (top right of Airfields tab) and hover the mouse pointer over Download AIP. A list of loaded charts will appear. Slide the mouse pointer over the country whose AIP you wish to download and click. The selected AIP will now be downloaded. If you have more than one chart loaded, you have the option of downloading ALL the AIP's in one go if you wish.

Good luck and let me know how you get on. 

Happy New Year Mike.  Thanks again for answers.  I have followed your  instructions and selected a Chart and ownloaded, when I get tp lower right to find plaes there are none available, no mat ter what airport I route to.

grahamb
grahamb
Too Much Forum (4.4K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.4K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.4K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.4K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.4K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.4K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.4K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.4K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.4K reputation)
You do not have to download a whole AIP in order to view plates, however to get glideslope information you need to ensure that IFR features are enabled in the settings menu. This will allow instrument plates to become visible to you.

There is also a ‘gotcha’ regarding French instrument plates. For some perverse reason, the SIA have decided to wrap them them up in the Textual Information document for each airfield.
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Login

Explore
Search