Important: These forums are for discussions between SkyDemon users. They are not routinely monitored by SkyDemon staff so any urgent issues should be sent directly to our Customer Support.

‘Logging In’ to SkyDemon without Internet Access

Author
Peter Robertson
Too Much Forum (1.4K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.4K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.4K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.4K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.4K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.4K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.4K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.4K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.4K reputation)
Group: Forum Members
@Tim Dawson

Hi Tim,

Is there any way to enable users to ‘Log-in’ to SkyDemon when they have no Internet access available?

I come across this problem fairly regularly, where a user (not necessarily inexperienced) has ‘Logged Out’ of SkyDemon - often because the system has prompted them to do so following a loss of server accessibility - only to find out ‘too late’ that they can’t Log Back in again, leaving them without a Nav system. I did get caught out by this myself some time back following an ‘in flight’ tablet crash right outside the boundary of Southampton airspace, so I know how stressful this can be.

Surely it should be possible to Log back in ‘locally’ to get the system back up and running, with perhaps a reminder that the system will be running with limited functionality and that the ‘Login’ needs to be repeated when internet access becomes available again.

Regards

Peter
Tim Dawson
Tim Dawson
SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Not really. Once logged out, SkyDemon has no idea who you are and several functions rely on having that token on board.

That is why, when attempting to log out, we ask the user to specifically confirm they wish to do that and we tell them it's very important they have internet access if they want to log in again.

GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Login

Explore
Search