Important: These forums are for discussions between SkyDemon users. They are not routinely monitored by SkyDemon staff so any urgent issues should be sent directly to our Customer Support.

Floating close button on plates

Author
plume_tray
Too Much Forum (6.9K reputation)Too Much Forum (6.9K reputation)Too Much Forum (6.9K reputation)Too Much Forum (6.9K reputation)Too Much Forum (6.9K reputation)Too Much Forum (6.9K reputation)Too Much Forum (6.9K reputation)Too Much Forum (6.9K reputation)Too Much Forum (6.9K reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Perhaps too much to ask, but it would be nice if the little red cross that appears top-left of a plate actually remained visible as you zoom in making easier and quicker to close a plate. At the moment, you have to zoom out manually to see the button which is in a fixed position.

Note: Zooming in and out has been a controversial subject lately, however the latest IOS 12 updates has reminded me how important equipment performance and task efficiency is to my flying, and how detrimental it can be when there any sort of delays especially during critical phases of flight. When the IOS 12 update caused the slow downs, having to swap plates on approach to an airfield during the final stages of flight was nearly impossible because of the steps involved to even close a plate (panning and zooming were unbearably slow). Having quick access to the button would have made it easier and the IOS changes less of a burden in that scenario.
jfw
jfw
Too Much Forum (8.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (8.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (8.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (8.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (8.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (8.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (8.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (8.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (8.2K reputation)
I support this request. it can be annoying to have to look for the red cross for closing when zoomig in.

Edited 10/18/2018 11:54:40 AM by jfw
Tim Dawson
Tim Dawson
SkyDemon Team (618K reputation)SkyDemon Team (618K reputation)SkyDemon Team (618K reputation)SkyDemon Team (618K reputation)SkyDemon Team (618K reputation)SkyDemon Team (618K reputation)SkyDemon Team (618K reputation)SkyDemon Team (618K reputation)SkyDemon Team (618K reputation)
How would you suggest we move it, as the plate is zoomed in and it would naturally move offscreen? I am supportive of this idea.
plume_tray
plume_tray
Too Much Forum (6.9K reputation)Too Much Forum (6.9K reputation)Too Much Forum (6.9K reputation)Too Much Forum (6.9K reputation)Too Much Forum (6.9K reputation)Too Much Forum (6.9K reputation)Too Much Forum (6.9K reputation)Too Much Forum (6.9K reputation)Too Much Forum (6.9K reputation)
Two possible options:

1) as you zoom in and the red button touches the edge of the screen, it moves inward staying visible on screen, perhaps hugging the screen edge.

Or

2) just move the red button to fixed point on screen, but somewhere that’s doesn’t obscure your route or important parts of the screen.
grahamb
grahamb
Too Much Forum (4.4K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.4K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.4K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.4K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.4K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.4K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.4K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.4K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.4K reputation)
Don’t forget that you can close a superimposed plate by pressing the ‘bubble’ against the relevant plate on the airfields menu.

Depending on the circumstances it may require a few touches on the screen, but it is an alternative to panning/rescaling.
Edited 10/20/2018 7:14:05 AM by grahamb
Tim Dawson
Tim Dawson
SkyDemon Team (618K reputation)SkyDemon Team (618K reputation)SkyDemon Team (618K reputation)SkyDemon Team (618K reputation)SkyDemon Team (618K reputation)SkyDemon Team (618K reputation)SkyDemon Team (618K reputation)SkyDemon Team (618K reputation)SkyDemon Team (618K reputation)
I will experiment with making the red close button such that it can't disappear off the top of the screen as you zoom in.
plume_tray
plume_tray
Tim Dawson - 10/25/2018 2:41:45 PM
I will experiment with making the red close button such that it can't disappear off the top of the screen as you zoom in.

Was using 3.11.0 on iOS this evening, and was pleasantly surprised to see the new floating close button on the airfield/approach plates and I must say its working brilliantly. It has definitely improved the usability of georeferenced plates for me and my workflow is that bit more efficient.

Tim, thank you, very happy Smile

GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Login

Explore
Search