Important: These forums are for discussions between SkyDemon users. They are not routinely monitored by SkyDemon staff so any urgent issues should be sent directly to our Customer Support.

Replay of a log (used for overlay in a video)

Author
jesniels
Too Much Forum (192 reputation)Too Much Forum (192 reputation)Too Much Forum (192 reputation)Too Much Forum (192 reputation)Too Much Forum (192 reputation)Too Much Forum (192 reputation)Too Much Forum (192 reputation)Too Much Forum (192 reputation)Too Much Forum (192 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
JamesM - 5/2/2018 4:55:12 PM
A little late to the party, but I think what you are looking for can be achieved in CloudAhoy (but not SD, as far as I'm aware). Would be great if the same functionality could be introduced into SD though because I would also like to embed a moving map of my flights in videos.

Completely agree - and that would remove the necessity of having both cloudAhoy and SD running while flying :-)

EHOW flyer
EHOW flyer
Too Much Forum (3.9K reputation)Too Much Forum (3.9K reputation)Too Much Forum (3.9K reputation)Too Much Forum (3.9K reputation)Too Much Forum (3.9K reputation)Too Much Forum (3.9K reputation)Too Much Forum (3.9K reputation)Too Much Forum (3.9K reputation)Too Much Forum (3.9K reputation)
JamesM - 5/2/2018 4:55:12 PM
A little late to the party, but I think what you are looking for can be achieved in CloudAhoy (but not SD, as far as I'm aware). Would be great if the same functionality could be introduced into SD though because I would also like to embed a moving map of my flights in videos.

65 USD/year subscription. And less functionality outside FAA data regions, for the same money...

hhflyer
h
Too Much Forum (59 reputation)Too Much Forum (59 reputation)Too Much Forum (59 reputation)Too Much Forum (59 reputation)Too Much Forum (59 reputation)Too Much Forum (59 reputation)Too Much Forum (59 reputation)Too Much Forum (59 reputation)Too Much Forum (59 reputation)
If you have PilotAware you can use the track log from that and playback over SkyDemon, do a screen record, et voila.
KimW
K
Too Much Forum (221 reputation)Too Much Forum (221 reputation)Too Much Forum (221 reputation)Too Much Forum (221 reputation)Too Much Forum (221 reputation)Too Much Forum (221 reputation)Too Much Forum (221 reputation)Too Much Forum (221 reputation)Too Much Forum (221 reputation)
Look today for an option to replay, shooting an ILS approach. I was looking to see how I tracked the glideslope, and stumbled on this old thread.

In my gliding i use XCSoar for both preflight and inflight tactical planning , as I do with Skydemon flying powered planes. However in XCSoar i have the option to reply the track, and here I can also see my data like airspeed, altitude, vario etc. which is great for post flight debrief and learning. I would love the same option in Skydemon, beyond the option to export to Google Earth, which is great for some purposes. Just leaving my comment to show support for playback features Smile

EHOW flyer
EHOW flyer
Too Much Forum (3.9K reputation)Too Much Forum (3.9K reputation)Too Much Forum (3.9K reputation)Too Much Forum (3.9K reputation)Too Much Forum (3.9K reputation)Too Much Forum (3.9K reputation)Too Much Forum (3.9K reputation)Too Much Forum (3.9K reputation)Too Much Forum (3.9K reputation)
I now help myself with a screen recorder on my phone, but it's not ideal. All actions performed with the phone then become visible.
I already see a few +1's in the previous posts, so maybe this will trigger SD to stay one extra step ahead of Foreflight. Wink
FF is now being aggressively promoted by Jeppesen, because without FF you will soon not be able to use the digital IFR and VFR charts.

PeterMundy
P
Junior Member (12 reputation)Junior Member (12 reputation)Junior Member (12 reputation)Junior Member (12 reputation)Junior Member (12 reputation)Junior Member (12 reputation)Junior Member (12 reputation)Junior Member (12 reputation)Junior Member (12 reputation)
A +1 from me too

Csongor
C
Junior Member (22 reputation)Junior Member (22 reputation)Junior Member (22 reputation)Junior Member (22 reputation)Junior Member (22 reputation)Junior Member (22 reputation)Junior Member (22 reputation)Junior Member (22 reputation)Junior Member (22 reputation)
Another +1
I would like to have this feature too, for my GoPro flight videos to show my flown route.
All is needed is a replay button when one loads up a log so it replays the flight in real time. Then it's possible to capture it as a video with a screen recorder then put the video on top of the other.
Wouldn't think it's very challenging technically and would add another nice feature to the app Smile

rob_d
r
Forum Newbie (5 reputation)Forum Newbie (5 reputation)Forum Newbie (5 reputation)Forum Newbie (5 reputation)Forum Newbie (5 reputation)Forum Newbie (5 reputation)Forum Newbie (5 reputation)Forum Newbie (5 reputation)Forum Newbie (5 reputation)
I have created a solution to this problem! SkyDemon can export the track of a logged flight in GPX format. It can also connect to the XPlane simulator and display real-time the simulated track. I have written some software that can replay the logged GPX file in the XPlane simulator format. You can then screen record from SkyDemon while replaying the track with my software. Happy to make this available, if anyone wants to give it a go?
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Login

Explore
Search