Important: These forums are for discussions between SkyDemon users. They are not routinely monitored by SkyDemon staff so any urgent issues should be sent directly to our Customer Support.

Find Destination with Customs

Author
alexis.hellen@gmail.com
Too Much Forum (2.9K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.9K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.9K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.9K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.9K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.9K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.9K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.9K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.9K reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Hello, 
France has reduced the number of airfield who provide Customs services. Flying from Switzerland to France, the first place we land had to have a Customs service. 

Do you have in the data you get electronically about each airfield, this information, and if you do, what do you think of showing it under :"Find a Destinatio/Rating, Facilities,Events"?
Or does the information displayed here come from pilot feedbacks?

Cheers,
Alexis

alexis.hellen@gmail.com
alexis.hellen@gmail.com
Too Much Forum (2.9K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.9K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.9K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.9K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.9K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.9K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.9K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.9K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.9K reputation)
SemperFi - 9/29/2018 6:51:15 AM
What is wrong with looking up the information in the AIP, which you have to check for local deviations from ICAO anyways (AIP is already in the documents in Skydemon)? I doubt the countries publish the customs fields in an electronically processable way, which may be a nice thing to ask from them. If they don't, I neither prefer to put the burden to keep it actual on a software vendor like Skydemon nor would I like our obligation to crosscheck it before flight, which would render the information inside the software useless or maybe even dangerous for the lazy ones..

Hello Semperfi,

Could you explain where I can find this information in the AIP please? That'd be very helpful.
Cheers,
Alexis

Tony N
Tony N
Too Much Forum (17K reputation)Too Much Forum (17K reputation)Too Much Forum (17K reputation)Too Much Forum (17K reputation)Too Much Forum (17K reputation)Too Much Forum (17K reputation)Too Much Forum (17K reputation)Too Much Forum (17K reputation)Too Much Forum (17K reputation)
We in UK have a similar situation when flying to France. First landing has to be at a customs airfield.
The French VAC plates used have accurate information but most are now out of date, customs facility-wise.
This web url was posted on another GA site which lists French customs airfields:

I don't think the French AIP is always up to date with this information.

Tony

Tim Dawson
Tim Dawson
SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)
A "does this airfield have customs" is/was high on our list for enhancements to the airfield feedback system, but it's complicated. Some will have customs by prior arrangement for example. It isn't clear to me that if we took on this burden, it would thoroughly help our customers. We could give a yes/no indication and when yes is shown, hope that the customer will further check with the airfield or AIP to see what conditions need to be met, but experience tells us that many customers will not do this further check and may end up disappointed.
alexis.hellen@gmail.com
alexis.hellen@gmail.com
Tim Dawson - 10/1/2018 10:54:48 AM
A "does this airfield have customs" is/was high on our list for enhancements to the airfield feedback system, but it's complicated. Some will have customs by prior arrangement for example. It isn't clear to me that if we took on this burden, it would thoroughly help our customers. We could give a yes/no indication and when yes is shown, hope that the customer will further check with the airfield or AIP to see what conditions need to be met, but experience tells us that many customers will not do this further check and may end up disappointed.

I totally get your point Tim. What about giving a "Check AIP"/"No" indication?

danko
d
Forum Member (29 reputation)Forum Member (29 reputation)Forum Member (29 reputation)Forum Member (29 reputation)Forum Member (29 reputation)Forum Member (29 reputation)Forum Member (29 reputation)Forum Member (29 reputation)Forum Member (29 reputation)
alexis.hellen@gmail.com - 9/30/2018 3:39:14 PM
Hello Semperfi,

Could you explain where I can find this information in the AIP please? That'd be very helpful.
Cheers,
Alexis

It's usually on the first or second page of the textual information

In SkyDemon right click on airport - Find Plates and it should be on top. If the airport doesn't have published textual information but only approach chart or something like that, it is unlikely that it has customs service.

Edited 10/1/2018 5:16:57 PM by danko
Dema
Dema
Too Much Forum (1.6K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.6K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.6K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.6K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.6K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.6K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.6K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.6K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.6K reputation)
Dear all,
I agreed 100% about this useful info to be quickly available eg. In ‘Admin info’ tab, with a label like that (few examples):
- Customs: Yes
- Customs: HR CIV AD / O/R with 72 HR in advance
- Customs: AD OPR HR
- Customs: H24
- Customs: Prior request on FPL 3 HR in advance for custom and immigration

and this Customs info to be available also in “Find destination” with:
- In ‘highlight Airfields’: Customs
- In ‘Requirements’: a selectable field: ‘HR in advance’ and then a number of hours (1, 2, 3, .... 24)
The same way you do (good job!) with Airfield.

Thanks
Andrea
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Login

Explore
Search