Important: These forums are for discussions between SkyDemon users. They are not routinely monitored by SkyDemon staff so any urgent issues should be sent directly to our Customer Support.

Can't see the 'I'm still here' dialogue...

Author
rikur
Too Much Forum (13K reputation)Too Much Forum (13K reputation)Too Much Forum (13K reputation)Too Much Forum (13K reputation)Too Much Forum (13K reputation)Too Much Forum (13K reputation)Too Much Forum (13K reputation)Too Much Forum (13K reputation)Too Much Forum (13K reputation)
Group: Forum Members
I was viewing the document browser in Skydemon.
I toggled to other programmes and did something else.
Some time later I ALT-TAB back to Skydemon and Skydemon is frozen
I'm pretty sure it's trying to show me the 'I'm still here' dialogue somewhere - but it's not in the foreground, so I can't click it.
I think I've had a similar problem when looking at pilot briefing in the past.
The 'I'm still here' dialogue does briefly show up in the middle of the screen, but then the document browser appears over it but won't respond.

Tim Dawson
Tim Dawson
SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)
That's strange. Is it present at all in the alt-tab list? Did you try any keyboard shortcuts to perhaps move it onscreen?
rikur
rikur
Too Much Forum (13K reputation)Too Much Forum (13K reputation)Too Much Forum (13K reputation)Too Much Forum (13K reputation)Too Much Forum (13K reputation)Too Much Forum (13K reputation)Too Much Forum (13K reputation)Too Much Forum (13K reputation)Too Much Forum (13K reputation)
Tim Dawson - 9/6/2018 10:21:36 AM
That's strange. Is it present at all in the alt-tab list? Did you try any keyboard shortcuts to perhaps move it onscreen?

No - I'm just going through a few permutations to recreate the scenario.  Alt tab would very briefly show the main Skydemon window and 'I'm still here' overlay, but then the document browser would appear over the top of it, and locked with no way to get back to the overlay. 

It's on vanilla Windows 10 (not Mac wrapper) - the only non-standard aspect is 4k display scaling - but I don't think that's the cause.

rikur
rikur
rikur - 9/6/2018 2:08:18 PM
Tim Dawson - 9/6/2018 10:21:36 AM

No - I'm just going through a few permutations to recreate the scenario.  Alt tab would very briefly show the main Skydemon window and 'I'm still here' overlay, but then the document browser would appear over the top of it, and locked with no way to get back to the overlay. 

It's on vanilla Windows 10 (not Mac wrapper) - the only non-standard aspect is 4k display scaling - but I don't think that's the cause.

I think I can recreate this consistently (well, twice!)
Login to Skydemon, open Document browser, maximised.
Toggle to other programmes, and stay away for long enough.
When I ALT-TAB back to Skydemon both the Document Browser and Skydemon appear as separate options in the ALT-TAB mosaic.
If I select Skydemon - that's fine, 'I'm still here' is accessible, and I can carry on.
If however I select Document Browser - it's just a frozen document browser window, no 'I'm still here' box.  Subsequent attempts to then ALT-TAB to the main Skydemon window don't work - just returning me back to the frozen Document Browser window.
The slightly bizarre bit, is if I then open any other random programme (e.g. explorer, or command prompt) and then close the other random programme - the 'I'm still here' box then reappears.

Tim Dawson
Tim Dawson
SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)
Do you see the same thing occur if you open another piece of modal user interface, such as the pilot log or briefing pack, and leave SkyDemon running?
rikur
rikur
Tim Dawson - 9/10/2018 11:45:23 AM
Do you see the same thing occur if you open another piece of modal user interface, such as the pilot log or briefing pack, and leave SkyDemon running?

Seems fine in pilot log / briefing pack

GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Login

Explore
Search