Important: These forums are for discussions between SkyDemon users. They are not routinely monitored by SkyDemon staff so any urgent issues should be sent directly to our Customer Support.

Invalid Phone Numbers due to Zero from National Prefix

Author
airborne
Too Much Forum (198 reputation)Too Much Forum (198 reputation)Too Much Forum (198 reputation)Too Much Forum (198 reputation)Too Much Forum (198 reputation)Too Much Forum (198 reputation)Too Much Forum (198 reputation)Too Much Forum (198 reputation)Too Much Forum (198 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Phone numbers written in the international format with country code are not valid if the zero from the national prefix remains. An example is the telephone number for EDTF in Germany, at least if you use iOS:

+49 0761 509626 is not valid, +49 761 509626 is valid. (The German phone number is 0761 509626.)

airborne
airborne
Too Much Forum (198 reputation)Too Much Forum (198 reputation)Too Much Forum (198 reputation)Too Much Forum (198 reputation)Too Much Forum (198 reputation)Too Much Forum (198 reputation)Too Much Forum (198 reputation)Too Much Forum (198 reputation)Too Much Forum (198 reputation)
The call did not work, that is how I noticed the issue a few weeks ago … It's a common issue with phone numbers at least in Austria and Germany while France, Switzerland and the Netherlands seems to be fine. I've never had the opposite issue, i.e., a call not working due to a missing zero after the country prefix, however, that issue might exist too. Yeah, ITU recommendations are not mandatory, that is how the ITU works, and there has been no need to make them mandatory because they are widely adopted, including E.164, also due to ITU's status as a UN organization.

airborne
airborne
PS: The issue is not about leading zeros, it's about the preceding zero of the national notation remaining in the international E.123 notation.
Tim Dawson
Tim Dawson
SkyDemon Team (623K reputation)SkyDemon Team (623K reputation)SkyDemon Team (623K reputation)SkyDemon Team (623K reputation)SkyDemon Team (623K reputation)SkyDemon Team (623K reputation)SkyDemon Team (623K reputation)SkyDemon Team (623K reputation)SkyDemon Team (623K reputation)
As it happens, we are given telephone numbers for German airfields digitally so we can probably help with this. Many of the telephone numbers we are given do not have the +49 international prefix so we add it. If when adding it, it would also be helpful if we then removed a leading zero, we can do that.
Tim Dawson
Tim Dawson
SkyDemon Team (623K reputation)SkyDemon Team (623K reputation)SkyDemon Team (623K reputation)SkyDemon Team (623K reputation)SkyDemon Team (623K reputation)SkyDemon Team (623K reputation)SkyDemon Team (623K reputation)SkyDemon Team (623K reputation)SkyDemon Team (623K reputation)
Not knowing a great deal about German phone numbers, though, I hope we wouldn't be breaking anything by doing that.
emporer
e
Too Much Forum (1.5K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.5K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.5K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.5K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.5K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.5K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.5K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.5K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.5K reputation)
I spotted the following telephone number problem on my IPHONE 6 with latest SD-version :

(LEFT PICTURE ABOVE)
Go to an airfield eg. Bruck--Nittenau in Germany and select ADMIN information: 
-you see a telephone number : country code (+49) , area code (09436) , phone number (8375)
-if you click on it the phone will dial and will parse the string correctly to +49 9436 8375 an will dial correctly !!
- the leading ZERO of the area code will correctly be omitted !!

(RIGHT PICTURE ABOVE)
Go to an airfield eg. Bruck--Nittenau in Germany and press the new introduced button "CALL":
-you see a telephone number : country code (+49) , area code (+09436) , phone number (+8375)
-if you click on ANRUF (call)  the phone will dial and will create a wrong string  +49 +9436 +8375 an will dial incorrectly !!
- the call can not be done!!!!!

I already have reported this wrong behavior to Hannah Hard some weeks ago after the new CALL-Buttom was introduced in SD!!

Tim Dawson
Tim Dawson
Our next update to the digital data in Germany will strip the leading zeros after adding the +49 prefix where necessary.

Emporer I am talking with Hannah about this, and she can't dig out your email correspondence without your name. But I can see what you mean, so we will look into it.

GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Login

Explore
Search