Important: These forums are for discussions between SkyDemon users. They are not routinely monitored by SkyDemon staff so any urgent issues should be sent directly to our Customer Support.

transit routes for Geneva and Berne

Author
psuter
Too Much Forum (4.1K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.1K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.1K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.1K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.1K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.1K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.1K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.1K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.1K reputation)
Group: Forum Members
i realized that there are no transit routes displayed in the SD charts to cross the Airspace of Berne (LSZB) and Geneva (LSBB). these two airports have defined transit routes that they use to grant ctr crossings. A suggestion on how to display such a route would be to show it as a VFR route in SD.
i would appreciate  if you could somehow integrate these transit routes into your charts.

for your reference i have added two screenshots of the respective sections of our ICAO chart.  (my eyes start itching every time i have to look at these cluttered maps, us SD users are so spoiled Wink)

kind regards
Pascal

Attachments
LSZB.png (678 views, 1.00 MB)
LSGG.png (810 views, 1.00 MB)
Tim Dawson
Tim Dawson
SkyDemon Team (623K reputation)SkyDemon Team (623K reputation)SkyDemon Team (623K reputation)SkyDemon Team (623K reputation)SkyDemon Team (623K reputation)SkyDemon Team (623K reputation)SkyDemon Team (623K reputation)SkyDemon Team (623K reputation)SkyDemon Team (623K reputation)
We will look into this, it may depend on those route being officially described in the AIP though.
psuter
psuter
Too Much Forum (4.1K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.1K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.1K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.1K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.1K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.1K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.1K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.1K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.1K reputation)
hi Tim
i just googled for official coordinates for these routes and guess what, i found another thread in this forum Smile here

it seems that there are no coordinates that define these routes  and they can be seen at least partially on the area charts of the respective airports which are georeferenced in SD, so i understand these routes can't and shouldn't be included in the skydemon charts..

VFR Routes in my opinion are silly anyway as with today’s  means of GPS Navigation, the chances of mid air collisions increase dramatically when everybody follows the exact same route but in VFR without proper traffic separation by an ATC.

‌what our swiss FOCA would need to do if they want these transit routes to be really useful is, they could publish VFR reporting points and then connect them to create such a route, that would be far clearer and would allow SD to incorporate that into your charts as well.

cheers
Pascal ‌‌‌

Tim Dawson
Tim Dawson
SkyDemon Team (623K reputation)SkyDemon Team (623K reputation)SkyDemon Team (623K reputation)SkyDemon Team (623K reputation)SkyDemon Team (623K reputation)SkyDemon Team (623K reputation)SkyDemon Team (623K reputation)SkyDemon Team (623K reputation)SkyDemon Team (623K reputation)
I agree. I believe as a result of this thread we will be looking into this, and we may have contacted Swiss authorities to discuss the issue.
mbenoit
mbenoit
Too Much Forum (1.4K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.4K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.4K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.4K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.4K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.4K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.4K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.4K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.4K reputation)
Dear Pascal,
‌There is many VFR route witch are not shown in SD due to missing clear GPS coordinates in AIP database (i.e. CFR Route east of Lyon St. Exupery). In those cases, I use custom data feature and set myself the routes in SD, then export it to iPad using cloud feature. Here is how it looks like:
‌Settings:

‌Hope this helps.
‌Marc
mbenoit
mbenoit
Too Much Forum (1.4K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.4K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.4K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.4K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.4K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.4K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.4K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.4K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.4K reputation)
Here are the one for Bern:
Here are t

psuter
psuter
thank you mbenoit for pointing this out. i was not aware i could create custom vfr routes. however, I simply open the approach charts and see the routes there.. my intention with this thread was more, to make such information available to others who are not based in switzerland and don't know about these routes. if they where in skydemon like for other countries people would see them and use them probably more often and hence would have a better chance to get a crossing through our many TMA's here in switzerland.

Chris_LSZO
Chris_LSZO
Too Much Forum (7.5K reputation)Too Much Forum (7.5K reputation)Too Much Forum (7.5K reputation)Too Much Forum (7.5K reputation)Too Much Forum (7.5K reputation)Too Much Forum (7.5K reputation)Too Much Forum (7.5K reputation)Too Much Forum (7.5K reputation)Too Much Forum (7.5K reputation)
" I use custom data feature and set myself the routes in SD, then export it to iPad using cloud feature."

How you do that? I has create the routes succesfully in Skydemon (windows) but I'm not able to import this routes on my iPad.

Chris

GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Login

Explore
Search