Important: These forums are for discussions between SkyDemon users. They are not routinely monitored by SkyDemon staff so any urgent issues should be sent directly to our Customer Support.

Replay of a log (used for overlay in a video)

Author
EHOW flyer
Too Much Forum (3.9K reputation)Too Much Forum (3.9K reputation)Too Much Forum (3.9K reputation)Too Much Forum (3.9K reputation)Too Much Forum (3.9K reputation)Too Much Forum (3.9K reputation)Too Much Forum (3.9K reputation)Too Much Forum (3.9K reputation)Too Much Forum (3.9K reputation)
Group: Forum Members
I like to make video's of my flights, enrich these video's with speed, altitude and course data (Dashware, Virb Edit...), but I also look for a way to display a portion of the chart (picture in picture) during 'the flight'. One has done it in a very complex work around to obtain this result:

There is a simulator available in SD, is it an option to couple the sim to one of the logs in order to replay the flight? There are tools available on the web to record the screen for further processing in a video editor. Although I do not refuse a built in recorder in SD...
Tim Dawson
Tim Dawson
SkyDemon Team (623K reputation)SkyDemon Team (623K reputation)SkyDemon Team (623K reputation)SkyDemon Team (623K reputation)SkyDemon Team (623K reputation)SkyDemon Team (623K reputation)SkyDemon Team (623K reputation)SkyDemon Team (623K reputation)SkyDemon Team (623K reputation)
There is no such option in SkyDemon, sorry.
EHOW flyer
EHOW flyer
Too Much Forum (3.9K reputation)Too Much Forum (3.9K reputation)Too Much Forum (3.9K reputation)Too Much Forum (3.9K reputation)Too Much Forum (3.9K reputation)Too Much Forum (3.9K reputation)Too Much Forum (3.9K reputation)Too Much Forum (3.9K reputation)Too Much Forum (3.9K reputation)
Tim Dawson - 10/3/2016 11:49:23 AM
There is no such option in SkyDemon, sorry.

I know Tim, therefor I have post this in the 'Suggestion' section. Smile
You might consider it, track data is available, both as a simulator, so...

EHOW flyer
EHOW flyer
Shifu - 10/9/2016 9:43:23 AM
Synchronizing videos is a major task and I think it is a vastly over stretching demand towards SD. However, if you do videos you have to deal with it anywhere within the video editing software. If you do a screen capture of the flights replay in real time, almost any video software I know of will allow to add an overlay. Yes, it is major work, but I do not see how to do that in a general way.

Hi, I am not asking to help me synchronizing a video with SD, that part is my 'problem'. What I am looking for is the possibility that SD will not only show me the total route flown as result of the log, but also to fly, lets say animate, the flown route in fast or slow replay.

Ashkirby
Ashkirby
Too Much Forum (1.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.3K reputation)
EHOW flyer - 10/9/2016 7:08:10 PM
Shifu - 10/9/2016 9:43:23 AM
Synchronizing videos is a major task and I think it is a vastly over stretching demand towards SD. However, if you do videos you have to deal with it anywhere within the video editing software. If you do a screen capture of the flights replay in real time, almost any video software I know of will allow to add an overlay. Yes, it is major work, but I do not see how to do that in a general way.

Hi, I am not asking to help me synchronizing a video with SD, that part is my 'problem'. What I am looking for is the possibility that SD will not only show me the total route flown as result of the log, but also to fly, lets say animate, the flown route in fast or slow replay.

I think what EHOW is asking for is the ability to "replay" the track from the log data so that it can then be captured for use as an overlay with external software. Currently the aircraft icon from a log can only be shown on the map when it is manually dragged around.

Bit of a workaround for you, not sure how feasible it is - with Dashlane one of the things you can overlay is the track of your flight north up, with an aircraft icon overlayed to represent your position along the route which you can synchronise with your videos, with this overlay i would then suggest using a screenshot of the skydemon map as a "background" for the track so it gives the effect of showing the route along the map.

I have never tried this myself so not sure how difficult or possible it is but was just a thought, it may actually be easier to use a screen recorder the way you have been previously :\
Edited 10/9/2016 10:28:51 PM by Ashkirby
EHOW flyer
EHOW flyer
Ashkirby has put my request right. The mentioned manual dragging of the aircraft is a workaround that will help me, I had forgotten this option. Anyway, my request to link the logfile to the simulator remains...
Tim Dawson
Tim Dawson
SkyDemon Team (623K reputation)SkyDemon Team (623K reputation)SkyDemon Team (623K reputation)SkyDemon Team (623K reputation)SkyDemon Team (623K reputation)SkyDemon Team (623K reputation)SkyDemon Team (623K reputation)SkyDemon Team (623K reputation)SkyDemon Team (623K reputation)
I understand the requirement and technically it is not difficult, but it's nothing something we have had many requests for. If it's something people commonly want, we would of course seriously consider it.
davelee212
d
Too Much Forum (252 reputation)Too Much Forum (252 reputation)Too Much Forum (252 reputation)Too Much Forum (252 reputation)Too Much Forum (252 reputation)Too Much Forum (252 reputation)Too Much Forum (252 reputation)Too Much Forum (252 reputation)Too Much Forum (252 reputation)

It would be really nice to be able to run SkyDemon from log data.  I've been doing IMC training so my track logs overlap several times in an hour of flight.  I have found I can load the log in and then drag the aircraft across th‌‌e virtual radar box and it plots it on the track line.  It would be nice to be able to replay sections of the log in real time (or even 2x would be handy) though to see exactly what I had done.

I appreciate it seems to be a bit of a niche requirement but thought I'd put my +1 in for this feature on the off chance.‌

‌‌Dave‌‌‌‌

andreiscurei
a
Too Much Forum (68 reputation)Too Much Forum (68 reputation)Too Much Forum (68 reputation)Too Much Forum (68 reputation)Too Much Forum (68 reputation)Too Much Forum (68 reputation)Too Much Forum (68 reputation)Too Much Forum (68 reputation)Too Much Forum (68 reputation)
I'd like to +1 this feature as well, please.‌
Also,  for  what it's worth, I think this is a good marketing feature. I for one have found out about SkyDemon from youtube videos where people used a SkyDemon replay of their flight. I think making this easier for people to do would increase the SkyDemon presence out there.

Andrei‌‌

JamesM
J
Too Much Forum (55 reputation)Too Much Forum (55 reputation)Too Much Forum (55 reputation)Too Much Forum (55 reputation)Too Much Forum (55 reputation)Too Much Forum (55 reputation)Too Much Forum (55 reputation)Too Much Forum (55 reputation)Too Much Forum (55 reputation)
A little late to the party, but I think what you are looking for can be achieved in CloudAhoy (but not SD, as far as I'm aware). Would be great if the same functionality could be introduced into SD though because I would also like to embed a moving map of my flights in videos.
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Login

Explore
Search