Important: These forums are for discussions between SkyDemon users. They are not routinely monitored by SkyDemon staff so any urgent issues should be sent directly to our Customer Support.

Bypass WPT (next leg)

Author
Massimo Belloni
Too Much Forum (737 reputation)Too Much Forum (737 reputation)Too Much Forum (737 reputation)Too Much Forum (737 reputation)Too Much Forum (737 reputation)Too Much Forum (737 reputation)Too Much Forum (737 reputation)Too Much Forum (737 reputation)Too Much Forum (737 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
I'm currently evaluating SD and I'm unable to find a function which (for me) is very important.
S‌uppose a route A->B then B->C. I'm flying the leg AB and in the middle the ATC tell me that I can take a shortcut ad go directly to wpt C without reaching wpt B. Substantially "jumping" to the next leg (then cotinuing with next planned legs, of course)
This happens very frequently to me (especially in dense controlled airspace), and I'm unable to find this function on SD (which, instead, is present on other sw).
A‌m I dumb and unable to find it, or this function is not implemented?
T‌hanks in advance for any suggestion.

Massimo Belloni

Sky Painter
Sky Painter
Too Much Forum (49K reputation)Too Much Forum (49K reputation)Too Much Forum (49K reputation)Too Much Forum (49K reputation)Too Much Forum (49K reputation)Too Much Forum (49K reputation)Too Much Forum (49K reputation)Too Much Forum (49K reputation)Too Much Forum (49K reputation)
mxb - 3/17/2018 9:46:48 AM
I'm currently evaluating SD and I'm unable to find a function which (for me) is very important.
S‌uppose a route A->B then B->C. I'm flying the leg AB and in the middle the ATC tell me that I can take a shortcut ad go directly to wpt C without reaching wpt B. Substantially "jumping" to the next leg (then cotinuing with next planned legs, of course)
This happens very frequently to me (especially in dense controlled airspace), and I'm unable to find this function on SD (which, instead, is present on other sw).

Use the built-in Direct To function. Either 1) Tap on the SD orb in the top left-hand corner of the screen, tap on Direct To and select your waypoint from the list displayed, or 2) Tap and hold on the waypoint to bring up the What's Here menu, tap on Routing then tap on Route Direct.

T‌his is all documented in detail the SD Manual‌ on Page 71.

Mike
, SD 3.16.12.0

Massimo Belloni
Massimo Belloni
Too Much Forum (737 reputation)Too Much Forum (737 reputation)Too Much Forum (737 reputation)Too Much Forum (737 reputation)Too Much Forum (737 reputation)Too Much Forum (737 reputation)Too Much Forum (737 reputation)Too Much Forum (737 reputation)Too Much Forum (737 reputation)
Sky Painter - 3/17/2018 10:22:22 AM

Use the built-in Direct To function. Either 1) Tap on the SD orb in the top left-hand corner of the screen, tap on Direct To and select your waypoint from the list displayed, or 2) Tap and hold on the waypoint to bring up the What's Here menu, tap on Routing then tap on Route Direct.

T‌his is all documented in detail the SD Manual‌ on Page 71.

Hello,

T‌hanks for the answer.

I‌ve tried it, and works, but it is not so fast to perform (especially if  fying in rough condition). Other SW have a very simple button which states (i.e.) "Next Waypoint", and that's all.‌‌

W‌hat about implementing a such simple ‌command, which I think could be very useful?

‌A‌gain thanks and best regards‌

Massimo Belloni

Tim Dawson
Tim Dawson
SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)
It's three touches to the screen. We can't have a first-level button for everything; if we did, our product would swiftly become unusable. Suggestions always welcome though.
Edited 3/29/2018 3:38:36 PM by Tim Dawson
onkelmuetze
o
Junior Member (12 reputation)Junior Member (12 reputation)Junior Member (12 reputation)Junior Member (12 reputation)Junior Member (12 reputation)Junior Member (12 reputation)Junior Member (12 reputation)Junior Member (12 reputation)Junior Member (12 reputation)
Suggestion:

Implement a extra gauge/instrument that states the name of the next WPT -> Name of airfield, coordinates, just WPT1, 2,....

With tapping the gauge field, you can cycle through the waypoints of your planned route.

techie59
t
Too Much Forum (263 reputation)Too Much Forum (263 reputation)Too Much Forum (263 reputation)Too Much Forum (263 reputation)Too Much Forum (263 reputation)Too Much Forum (263 reputation)Too Much Forum (263 reputation)Too Much Forum (263 reputation)Too Much Forum (263 reputation)
Sky Painter - 3/17/2018 10:22:22 AM
Suppose a route A->B then B->C. I'm flying the leg AB and in the middle the ATC tell me that I can take a shortcut ad go directly to wpt C without reaching wpt B. Substantially "jumping" to the next leg (then cotinuing with next planned legs, of course)
Am I dumb and unable to find it, or this function is not implemented?
Thanks in advance for any suggestion.

This is all documented in detail the SD Manual on Page 71.

I understand the direct function but if I remember correctly, it erases the rest of the navigation, no. Taking the previous example, let's say the nav is A to B then B to C and C to D. While flying to A to B, in the middle of it, I decide to go to C, I can select the direct function to C but will the nav log keeps the record of point D? 
Sorry I could not check as the weather is not really great to allow the test. Thanks for letting me know.

Regards,

Etienne

Gerhard66
G
Too Much Forum (4.9K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.9K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.9K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.9K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.9K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.9K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.9K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.9K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.9K reputation)
Hi Etienne,

you can easily check the behavior in Simulation Mode!

Gerhard
Tim Dawson
Tim Dawson
SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)SkyDemon Team (616K reputation)
SkyDemon doesn't erase your route when you shortcut to the next waypoint as detailed in this thread.
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Login

Explore
Search