Important: These forums are for discussions between SkyDemon users. They are not routinely monitored by SkyDemon staff so any urgent issues should be sent directly to our Customer Support.

GAFOR Austria not in Skydemon anymore

Author
G
Too Much Forum (416 reputation)Too Much Forum (416 reputation)Too Much Forum (416 reputation)Too Much Forum (416 reputation)Too Much Forum (416 reputation)Too Much Forum (416 reputation)Too Much Forum (416 reputation)Too Much Forum (416 reputation)Too Much Forum (416 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
As many users may know Austro Control does not supply the raw GAFOR-data to Skydemon at a reasonable price anymore (see also http://www.aopa.at/home/skydemon-stellt-voraussichtlich-gafor-info-fuer-oesterreich-ein/). This means that there is no live info about the status of the GAFOR routes in Skydemon anymore. I was wondering if we could do something as users? Maybe Skydemon and AOPA are still negotiation with Austro Control, but if that is not te case, maybe we can start a crowd-funding campaign or something like that. I am sure there are many users flying in the Austria region and I can imagine we are willing to pay/donate for it. Personally I don't like it to login each time on the Austro Control website to check te GAFOR status. Wondering what is the opinion among the community?  

ckurz7000
ckurz7000
Too Much Forum (63K reputation)Too Much Forum (63K reputation)Too Much Forum (63K reputation)Too Much Forum (63K reputation)Too Much Forum (63K reputation)Too Much Forum (63K reputation)Too Much Forum (63K reputation)Too Much Forum (63K reputation)Too Much Forum (63K reputation)
Personally, I don't want to support the prepotence and incompetency of Austrocontrol. I can make do without the live GAFOR routes.

-- C‌‌hris.

Tim Dawson
Tim Dawson
SkyDemon Team (617K reputation)SkyDemon Team (617K reputation)SkyDemon Team (617K reputation)SkyDemon Team (617K reputation)SkyDemon Team (617K reputation)SkyDemon Team (617K reputation)SkyDemon Team (617K reputation)SkyDemon Team (617K reputation)SkyDemon Team (617K reputation)
It's not really about the money. Or not totally about the money anyway. If people crowdfunded the silly amount of money that AustroControl want, we still wouldn't be happy for them to have it as a condition of us receiving the forecast information.
G. Doek
G
Too Much Forum (416 reputation)Too Much Forum (416 reputation)Too Much Forum (416 reputation)Too Much Forum (416 reputation)Too Much Forum (416 reputation)Too Much Forum (416 reputation)Too Much Forum (416 reputation)Too Much Forum (416 reputation)Too Much Forum (416 reputation)
It is not only about a crowd-funding - that is only one of the many solutions. Maybe we can start a petition to show Austro Control how many people disagree with their policy. Of course AOPA discussed the case with them, but maybe we have to stand up as individual (but united) flyers. 

Tim Dawson
Tim Dawson
SkyDemon Team (617K reputation)SkyDemon Team (617K reputation)SkyDemon Team (617K reputation)SkyDemon Team (617K reputation)SkyDemon Team (617K reputation)SkyDemon Team (617K reputation)SkyDemon Team (617K reputation)SkyDemon Team (617K reputation)SkyDemon Team (617K reputation)
I totally agree.
ckurz7000
ckurz7000
Too Much Forum (63K reputation)Too Much Forum (63K reputation)Too Much Forum (63K reputation)Too Much Forum (63K reputation)Too Much Forum (63K reputation)Too Much Forum (63K reputation)Too Much Forum (63K reputation)Too Much Forum (63K reputation)Too Much Forum (63K reputation)
G. Doek - 1/24/2018 6:37:37 PM
It is not only about a crowd-funding - that is only one of the many solutions. Maybe we can start a petition to show Austro Control how many people disagree with their policy. Of course AOPA discussed the case with them, but maybe we have to stand up as individual (but united) flyers. 

Where do I sign?  -- Chris.

JFluitsma
JFluitsma
Too Much Forum (387 reputation)Too Much Forum (387 reputation)Too Much Forum (387 reputation)Too Much Forum (387 reputation)Too Much Forum (387 reputation)Too Much Forum (387 reputation)Too Much Forum (387 reputation)Too Much Forum (387 reputation)Too Much Forum (387 reputation)
I got Austria GAFOR back.
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Login

Explore
Search