Important: These forums are for discussions between SkyDemon users. They are not routinely monitored by SkyDemon staff so any urgent issues should be sent directly to our Customer Support.

Glide Distance to land...MSA?

Author
D
Too Much Forum (255 reputation)Too Much Forum (255 reputation)Too Much Forum (255 reputation)Too Much Forum (255 reputation)Too Much Forum (255 reputation)Too Much Forum (255 reputation)Too Much Forum (255 reputation)Too Much Forum (255 reputation)Too Much Forum (255 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Heya!
I still only have the trial edition, but so far liking the whole FP part. However it seems to miss glide distance to land integration in minimum safe altitude calculations..? OR am I wrong? I have looked, but I cannot seem to find it.
I have set the correct glide ratio for the airplane in question, but the MSA calculation over water is not right. (Tried to plan a route straight into the ocean and back and ended up with MSA 1700ft..which would get me about 3nm..)
As far as I understand from reading these forums, it seems that the live tracker/navigation tool does indeed have a glide distance "blue circle" which follows you around wherever you fly. This is great. But for the planning part, it would be great if it could be implemented in the MSA, somehow.
P‌lease let me know if I have missed something here! Smile 
Regards, Dac
Dac90
D
Too Much Forum (255 reputation)Too Much Forum (255 reputation)Too Much Forum (255 reputation)Too Much Forum (255 reputation)Too Much Forum (255 reputation)Too Much Forum (255 reputation)Too Much Forum (255 reputation)Too Much Forum (255 reputation)Too Much Forum (255 reputation)
SemperFi - 9/24/2017 9:01:58 AM
Do I understand correct you are asking for an ocean MGS - minimum glide to shore, and not a MSA as defined usually in aviation?

Sorry extremely late reply, my trial ran out and have been busy with the atpl theory since.
I've honestly never heard the term MGS/Minimum glide to shore, but that is indeed what I mean, so thank you! Smile 
Where I fly and do my schooling it seems kind of "integrated" in the term MSA, as its a very generic term..Anyways, I learn something new every day^^
So back to the question; Is it integrated in the planning part somehow, have I missed it? 
Best regards!

Tim Dawson
Tim Dawson
SkyDemon Team (617K reputation)SkyDemon Team (617K reputation)SkyDemon Team (617K reputation)SkyDemon Team (617K reputation)SkyDemon Team (617K reputation)SkyDemon Team (617K reputation)SkyDemon Team (617K reputation)SkyDemon Team (617K reputation)SkyDemon Team (617K reputation)
SkyDemon does not have such a feature, sorry. As far as I am aware, this is the first time we have been asked for it.
Dac90
D
OK, thank you for answering.
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Login

Explore
Search