Important: These forums are for discussions between SkyDemon users. They are not routinely monitored by SkyDemon staff so any urgent issues should be sent directly to our Customer Support.

Garmin D2 integration

Author
Aky
Too Much Forum (931 reputation)Too Much Forum (931 reputation)Too Much Forum (931 reputation)Too Much Forum (931 reputation)Too Much Forum (931 reputation)Too Much Forum (931 reputation)Too Much Forum (931 reputation)Too Much Forum (931 reputation)Too Much Forum (931 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Are there any plans to integrate sending of the Flight Plan to Garmin D2 watch via iPhone/iPad?

It works via PC, connecting D2 as a Mass Storage device and saving route as GPX directly to D2.

A.
lesmond
lesmond
Too Much Forum (494 reputation)Too Much Forum (494 reputation)Too Much Forum (494 reputation)Too Much Forum (494 reputation)Too Much Forum (494 reputation)Too Much Forum (494 reputation)Too Much Forum (494 reputation)Too Much Forum (494 reputation)Too Much Forum (494 reputation)
This would be great!
keni
keni
Too Much Forum (269 reputation)Too Much Forum (269 reputation)Too Much Forum (269 reputation)Too Much Forum (269 reputation)Too Much Forum (269 reputation)Too Much Forum (269 reputation)Too Much Forum (269 reputation)Too Much Forum (269 reputation)Too Much Forum (269 reputation)
it would, but I bet it's more hassle than it'll be worth for the team...
Peer
Peer
Too Much Forum (1.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.3K reputation)
I would love it!

OrtiMai
O
Forum Member (32 reputation)Forum Member (32 reputation)Forum Member (32 reputation)Forum Member (32 reputation)Forum Member (32 reputation)Forum Member (32 reputation)Forum Member (32 reputation)Forum Member (32 reputation)Forum Member (32 reputation)
Aky - 12/16/2013 5:02:46 PM
Are there any plans to integrate sending of the Flight Plan to Garmin D2 watch via iPhone/iPad?

It works via PC, connecting D2 as a Mass Storage device and saving route as GPX directly to D2.

A.

I found this way and maybe it's the one, you just described: Get "Garmin Basecamp" first. Then get a nice map. (Google "open streetmap garmin basecamp") After installing open streetmap, you can place waypoints to your favorite airfields. Then, connect your USB-Cable to the watch and basecamp will show your watch. You can now drag and drop your newly created waypoints to the watch-folder. Disconnect your watch and you will find your new waypoints under NAVIGATE >> Saved Locations. You will be able to fly to these waypoints.

You can create a "track" with basecamp as well and send it to the watch, but the watch won't show it, as it's locked to the "connext feature" of Garmin Pilot. You can't modify the shown connext-flightplan as well, but you can backup it.

You said, that you are able to send a GPX to the watch. If you mean a "track" yes. But it's not accessible in the watch. Is there another way? I'm testing here with a D2 Air X10. I know that the map-watches have more features, like the "Mach 1".

GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Login

Explore
Search